Barthmobile Portal
Onan generator and Intec Car vision Camera

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/4071008061

03-21-2003, 12:43 AM
mgroely
Onan generator and Intec Car vision Camera
I have 2 quick questions. 1- I tuned up my 15W Onan generator with new plugs, wires, etc. When cold it starts right up. If I turn it off and go back to start, it will not start. If I go back the next day it will start. 2- I got my monitor to work, but all I get is a white screen. No picture. It seems like the Intec rear camera is not working. Does it have a fuse somewhere? Does it get its power from the monitor? Any info would be great.
03-22-2003, 03:12 PM
HankWadley
My backup unit is a Sony so it may be different but in my case power is provided internally from the monitor to the camera. No fuse...the monitor is already fused and since you have a white picture it must be good. Ground is also provided by the monitor through the cable. If it were mine I'd make sure:
1) Cable from camera is plugged in tightly to rear of monitor; 2) Proper camera is selected (mine supports three cameras); 3)Cable is plugged into camera (access through center bedroom cabinet via removeable panel)

If nothing there, sounds like trouble. Verify which end has problem by jury-rigging video connection from VCR or video camera into monitor. If monitor is good you should see a reversed picture. I did, so sent my camera off to Sony Security Systems Division who sent me a great new model for a bargain price when it turned out my camera was bumb and too old for them to fix. Hope this helps.