Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Stove top replacement
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Stove top replacement
 Login now/Join our community

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
All my stuff is low pressure, and coleman stuff cannot be converted because they do not use a conventional regulator.

You have both low and high pressure available on your RV. If you tap in before the regulator, it is high pressure. After, it is low. I have done both, depending on the appliance. My valves and connections are right at the regulator. RV dealers sell the hose ends that screw onto a high pressure appliance where the little bottle would go. Some RV dealers will make a hose or sell you one. Some might even direct you to a hose shop. Marshall Brass makes the fittings.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09

Picture of garryp
posted Hide Post
quote:
You have both low and high pressure available on your RV.

Yes, I understand that. I added a quick-disconnect with a sutoff valve inside and outside, both on the low pessure side. I had about a 15 ft hose to match all my stuff made in Flag, then had the"burned end" cut off ad re-termiated in Salt Lake City. I considered hi-side, but I decided I wanted only one common connection, and it should be low side - just my personal preference.

I prefer low pressure. If the grill "experience" I had was on a hi side line, it could have been much more dramatic! The fellow in Flag said that quick disconnects were taboo on high pressure.

I am thinking about something size-efficient for a boondock outdoor cooking table. I have this big bumper on both ends of Barth. I am thinking about a "table" top with some sort of bracket on those enormous bumpers to hold it - voila, no legs, less weight, size and complexity! It would be low, but better than the ground.

I like an earthy taste, so I like cummin, but cooking on the ground is my limit. Any Mechanical engineers out with design ideas?

Posts: 209 | Location: AZ | Member Since: 09-01-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Outside table.

I had a trailer with a dinette table that attached to the wall to eat, and fit down lower on the seats to make a bed.

I got matching brackets and mounted them outside on the skin at the right height to allow it to be an outside table, too. You wouldn't have to use the same table, but could just keep a piece of plywood with a folding leg kept under the mattress. I sometimes prop an outside bin door open as a cocktail table.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
My SOB had a gas oven and four-burner stove. I never used more than 2 burners, and the oven was unused except to test.

The Barth has a two-burner; oven chores are handled by the micro/convection oven (which works well on convection).

Replacing the Kohler Klunker with e Honda EV-4010 has been well-worth the effort (and there was plenty of that, since the genset was used and not-as-advertised). Anyway, I just finished a round trip to Lodi, OH (about 1950 miles) and the Honda ran most of the trip as the engine A/C once again failed to work.

The Kohler was so loud, I could hear nothing else. The Honda not only is quieter (-16db inside), but the sound is more of a hum than the Anvil Chorus of the Klunker; I can't hear it at all when the coach is underway.

I mix dry camping with spots with electricity, and at star parties, generators are expected to be relatively quiet. Now mine is...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post