Barthmobile Portal
1986: vacuum lines for climate controls

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/3853959997

08-05-2026, 11:11 PM
BarthBluesmobile
1986: vacuum lines for climate controls
Hi,
The P30 uses vacuum lines, sourced at the engine, to operate the doors that control flow of the heater and window defogger. I think my defogger last worked in 2009, and this is now the priority for me. Some of the vacuum lines have turned to dust.

Has anyone done this work, and do you have any advice or pointers? I haven't found anything in the forum history on this.

Matt


1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust
08-06-2026, 09:26 AM
billyt53
Good morning Matt, what brand is your dash AC? Back in the day there were Frigette, Acme, etc. There would have been a sticker on the evaporator housing. Worst case, post a picture of the dash control, I may be able to identify it and find a vacuum schematic.
Billy


Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97-Our Son now owns it!
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.
Powered by a Cummins ISL9-450
Onan 8,000 Quiet Diesel Genset
Toad: 2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Diesel
08-07-2026, 02:51 PM
BarthBluesmobile
Billy T!

Here's what I got at the dashboard, I think it might be hardware from a Mopar factory. The identifying number seems to be 3779501 26961. That first 7 digit is smudged, it might be something different.

I don't see any identification on the evaporator housing.

Matt

Dash AC control



1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust
08-07-2026, 02:54 PM
BarthBluesmobile
Forward of the radiator, this vacuum reservoir is mounted, with a fat hose coming from the carburetor. I would presume that the narrow hose is headed to the control panel. This unit is up above the radiator door area and hard to see.

Matt

reservoir vacuum



1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust
08-07-2026, 04:24 PM
BarthBluesmobile
Top side of the control hardware.

top side of controls



1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust
08-07-2026, 06:05 PM
BarthBluesmobile
I traced them through. It couldn't be done with the secondary doghouse in place.

There's a black plastic vacuum line coming from the vacuum reservoir and going to the control assembly. The black vacuum tube is broken.

Coming out of the control assembly, there are red, white, and blue plastic vacuum lines.

Red: this goes to the heater control vacuum actuator, probably works a "blend door". It is in place, inside the dash.

White: this goes to the defroster/defogger control vacuum actuator. It is in place, inside the dash.

Blue: this goes to the AC control vacuum actuator, probably works a "blend door". It has turned to dust in the area between the actuator on the ducting inside the area ahead of the radiator, to where it went over the radiator.

It wasn't that bad to figure out.

Some new lines and for the black and the blue and things should be working better.

Matt


1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust