Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    FORD 460 HEADS
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

FORD 460 HEADS
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/09
posted
Hello all , I would like to hear from the ford guys in the know. I'm getting the Barth ready for the big trip this summer, and I have to replace the heads. My question is what would be the best heads to replace them with, I was told that I should stay with cast iron heads in a motor home application. I know where I can get a pair of 1970 dove c heads, and was wondering if the will fit my 1987 block. They have a smaller combustion chamber that would boost the compression a little. Any suggestions or thoughts?
Thanks Dave R.

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

Posts: 220 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. | Member Since: 03-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/14
Picture of Bubba Barth
posted Hide Post
If you can make it through the ads here is a Powerblock episode on the Ford 460 like yours.

http://www.powerblocktv.com/ep...-for-horsepower-hike

And here is one of my favorite sites. and a topic on the 460 like yours

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum...eage-1986-460-a.html

Posts: 242 | Location: Sequim Washington | Member Since: 05-12-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post