Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    MCC Barth Weight
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

MCC Barth Weight
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of FordGuy62
posted
Anyone know where to find the dry weight of one of the fiberglass MCC's?

Posts: 40 | Location: Washington State | Member Since: 09-19-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FordGuy62:
Anyone know where to find the dry weight of one of the fiberglass MCC's?

"19,000 lbs (approx)" from the Jan 82 MotorHome mag article.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FordGuy62
posted Hide Post
Thanks. And that turns out to be Spot-on. I took mine to a certified scale this morning and it weighed-in at 18,940 with just under 1/2 tank of fuel and one fat old guy in the driver's seat. It looks like MCC set this thing up to be running at the limit of the chassis. According to my data tag GVWR is 20,000. Front axle is rated at 7,500; actual weight was 6,780 (deduct 200ish for tubbo in the driver's seat. Rear axle is rated at 12,500; actual weight was 12,160. I had to go through this process to get it licensed in Washington State.

The thing that concerns me a little is that there is virtually nothing in the motorhome and it weighs-out at close to maximum. Presumably MCC had a factor of safety built into their ratings, but is is a concern nonetheless. Adding a few weeks worth of clothes, food and supplies; tools (gotta have those), barbeque, firewood, etc. will no doubt put us over the 20,000 rating. Good thing my dear sweet wife watches her weight closer than I!

Posts: 40 | Location: Washington State | Member Since: 09-19-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of RainCatcher
posted Hide Post
Where do you find old MotorHome Mag articles? Do you have issues all the way back---? Confused

"Keep On Truckin"
94 30' Breakaway #3866
5.9 cummins on spartan chassis

Posts: 206 | Location: Seattle | Member Since: 04-22-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FordGuy62:
According to my data tag GVWR is 20,000. Front axle is rated at 7,500; actual weight was 6,780 (deduct 200ish for tubbo in the driver's seat. Rear axle is rated at 12,500; actual weight was 12,160.
This is your tag.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FordGuy62
posted Hide Post
Yep, that's my tag Smiler

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RainCatcher:
Where do you find old MotorHome Mag articles?

I think the MCC test is in the Barth CD.

Bill NY will know.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
MCR has stated that the MCCs were a couple of thousand pounds overweight when fully loaded but with upgraded tires and suspension they should be ok...

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2588 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Here's what I've got uploaded to our site.

MotorHome January 1982 - PDF 5 page Barth MCC article

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post