Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    People on Barth Roof
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

People on Barth Roof
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Bill Stevson
posted
My son and nephew are wanting me to take them to a NASCAR race in the Barth. I'm thinking there will have to be some modifications needed on the roof to support the crew, lawn chairs, etc. Any suggestions or ideas?

Posts: 113 | Location: Macks Creek, MO | Member Since: 11-02-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Bill unless you guys are all 250 each I think you will be OK. My wife, daughter and here friend spent a lot of time on the roof at a campground we went to and it was more than solid. I am a big guy but I don't get on my roof for any reason...

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You mean you don't climb up there and WAVE & SMILE at the crowd while in a parade? How about in the infield watching the NASTY-cars go round and round, and often when they shouldn't?

You're no fun....

Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I had 5 people up on my roof the last 2 races that I went to. The roof is very strong so don't worry.

We go to the Pocono races at least once a year. This year i'm going twice. I will be there this weekend so if there is anyone that will be there let me know.

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill Stevson
posted Hide Post
We were thinking about the Banquet 400 at KC but it looks like the only tickets available are from resellers....don't think I'll be paying $800 a ticket!!! May have to wait until next year. I didn't see anything about motorhomes on the infield at the Nascar.com or Kansas Speedway web sites. Can any of you guys who go to the races tell me what I need to do?

Posts: 113 | Location: Macks Creek, MO | Member Since: 11-02-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill, Let me see if I can impart a little wisdom your way. I've gone to Talladaga for about 12 years running and it's one place I know about. First distance. Mapquest shows you to be 634 miles from Daga. That's almost exactly the same as us, but from the other direction. We figure about 11 hours road time, as we stay at a State campground thursday night and make the last run to the track on friday. Now to the actual camping at the track. The tv makes it look like everyone is inside the track and watching from the roofs of their rv's. Those coaches in the infield represent maybe 2% of the rv's there for the race. I have never and will never stay in the infield. It's extremely expensive and inconvenient. You have to drive across the track to enter an rv so you are very limited as to access. If you are a nonstop party animal that can handle 72 hours of nonstop mayhem, this is the place to be. However, if you want to camp in a nice reserved spot just outside the track for 80 bucks, the family campground is the way to go. It's just outside turns one and two, the sites are 20x40, no hookups but two dumpstations with water on site. Walking distance to the backstretch is only a couple minutes, and to our frontstretch seats mybe ten to twelve. Shuttles run to the hall of fame and the vendors across the road, the SPEED stage is in the campground, and ice, newspapers, water, and pumpouts are redily available. The weather has always been perfect for the October race. Don't be put off if you can only get backstretch seats. They are great and I have a bunch of friends who prefer them. They're also pretty cheap. [The seats, not my friends]. If this sounds like something you may be interested in check out availability of Tix and camping at
http://talledegasuperspeedway.com/
Let me know if there's anything else you need to know about. Happy Racin!!

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post