Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Holding Tank
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Holding Tank
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/10
Picture of Richard &  Lee
posted
Hi again,

Thanks for the info Suzy and Dan. We believe the previous owner changed the gray and black water tanks and put in one large black water tank. The tank is definitely metal. Thanks, and any further suggestions.

Richard

Posts: 25 | Location: Apache Junction, AZ | Member Since: 07-12-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Somewhere in my travels, I have seen/heard that the very high end coaches, like Prevost etc. used one tank for both black and gray water. Anybody cofirm that? If true, I have a 'high end coach' and can brag even more about Barth. Big Grin

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
I have a black/grey water tank in my bus. Smiler

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
my 29' '77 coach had one large waste tank. I thought that they just didn't know any better in those earlier days. ..........."top end" ? ....so who knew?

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Neil T.
posted Hide Post
My 1977 has one tank, I think most ealier units have one tank.

Neil.

www.swedishautomotive.com
77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"

Posts: 246 | Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina | Member Since: 04-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
my 1975 and also my 1985 have one tank

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of bud@YXY
posted Hide Post
Our "77 21ft has two tanks and the "93 36ft Breakaway also has two tanks.

Bud

1993 Breakaway 36ft & 1977 20 ft
Spartan: air ride and brakes & P32(?)
Cummins: 8.3 litre 250hp, PACBrake
Allison 3060 (6 spd)
Front entry, side hallway
7.5 kw diesel gen.
1999 2dr Tracker 4X4 5spd, SMI Braking system

Posts: 253 | Location: Yukon--Arizona and around | Member Since: 06-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
My 91 Commercial Barth has 2 waste tanks, black and Gray.

But... the bathroom sink does run into the black tank too.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Our Newell has one sewage tank of 175+ gallons. It has a gray water bypass when hooked up to sewer.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of T&T&B
posted Hide Post
Our 89 Regency has 2 tanks (so Tom says), our bath sink also goes to black, kitchen and shower to grey

Tina

36' Barth Regency
3208 Cat 250 HP
Allison 4 speed Transmission, Gillig Chassis
"If it ain't a CAT it's a DOG"

Posts: 142 | Location: South Florida - La Belle | Member Since: 03-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Our 84 originally had only one tank.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Neil T.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
Our 84 originally had only one tank.

How many does it have now? Wink

www.swedishautomotive.com
77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"

Posts: 246 | Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina | Member Since: 04-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neil T.:

How many does it have now? Wink

I had put two gray tanks up between the frame rails (with more planned), but an exhaust leak melted one, so we are down to just one gray tank until I weld up the damage.

At present I am redoing the exhaust, with side outlets forward of the wheels, shorter Afterburner mufflers and an X-pipe. All this will give me more room for more gray tanks. We also have a hose and valve to select directly from the kitchen sink to a Blue Boy.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
I believe the idea of having the bathroom sink to run to the black water tank is a safeguard againsed medication (which may be disposed of in bathroom sink) entering the open environment.

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kris & Tina Jones:
I believe the idea of having the bathroom sink to run to the black water tank is a safeguard againsed medication (which may be disposed of in bathroom sink) entering the open environment.

There are a lot of theories on that. Another is that since we rinse our mouths after brushing, it is biowaste and must be in the black tank. I had a Fleetwood fiver that had the shower plumbed into the black tank. I am sure we could conjure up some rationale for the shower going into the black tank...................
The kitchen sink went into the gray tank, but I don't remember where the bathroom sink went.
My favorite bathroom sink theory is that it allows convenient transfer of fresh water into the black tank to assure enough volume for a vigorous outflow when the dump valve is opened. That is very handy, particularly for those of us who never flush the tanks.