Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Overhead Cabinet Hardware
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Overhead Cabinet Hardware
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I need to replace the 10" pistons that hold the overhead cabinet doors open and closed ('88 Barth Custom). Where can I get them??

------------------
North Idaho Barth Owner

Posts: 138 | Location: Hayden Lake (Coeur d'Alene), ID USA | Member Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone on this site had a NAPA # for the replacement parts. .I could not find the #.I'm still looking. Jay

------------------
br2409

Posts: 61 | Location: Harriman,Tn.usa | Member Since: 09-22-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want to say Goodwin replaced some in the past 90 days. I believe NAPA is a good try.

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go down the tech talk page to cabinet door[Scube-Guy]Sept. 6 03,and Ceiling Impressons [Kc-Rusty]Aug 26 03.Hope this help! Jay

------------------
br2409

Posts: 61 | Location: Harriman,Tn.usa | Member Since: 09-22-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
SPD-GS-5000-20 gas spring $21.95 at Napa

------------------
"Work hard and save, so that someday you can support those who didn't"

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
www.mcmaster.com is a good source for gas springs.

Surgeon General's Warning: This site may be addictive. Prolonged use may result in planning far more projects than can be accomplished.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
I found these shocks on the Campers Choice web site. Have done business with them in the past and was very happy with products and service. (Delivered a water heater to a boondock site next day air)

http://www.camperschoice.com/cgi-bin/more_info.pl?order...st_id=&group_id=1330

http://www.camperschoice.com/cgi-bin/more_info.pl?order...st_id=&group_id=1307

------------------
89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Grizzlygiant, I think Dave gave you the right numbers (SPD-GS-5000-20), however NAPA uses their own number for this part. My coach is not accessible to me right now, so I cannot look up the the NAPA cross reference number. The NAPA store might be able to look it up for you, my store could not. The website for SPD hardware is www.spdhardware.com, but their prices are higher than NAPA and you pay shipping. SPD did have a cross reference chart on their website for NAPA, but I just went their and could not find it. I'll be going to my coach again over Thanksgiving, so I could get the NAPA number for you if you cannot get it. Bill

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for the leads on the overhead cabinet hardware. I ordered 10 pistons from Campers Choice. I'm looking forward to getting them installed since my head is getting sore from holding the lids up with my sparsely-haired head.

------------------
North Idaho Barth Owner

Posts: 138 | Location: Hayden Lake (Coeur d'Alene), ID USA | Member Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
Picture of GaryG
posted Hide Post
We replaced ALL of ours with
SPD-GSNI-5000-20 available from
Service Plus Distribution, Inc. in Bristol, PA
www.spdhardware.com And my head is much better for having done it!

------------------
Susie and Gary (SUGAR)
'95 Barth Regency 34'
'96 Explorer

Posts: 109 | Location: Abiquiu, NM | Member Since: 05-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Carl Flack>
posted
To add to this and Dave Bowers'Sept 6 2003 posts,I just purchased 12 shocks from
Attwood/Springlift Call Jennifer at
1-888-888-3221(direct line to her).Part # is
SL 1-20 and the price was 25% less than NAPA.UPS delivery was 3 days......carl

THE TOY 88 33'Regal Coach # 3448

Reply With QuoteReport This Post