Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Ed Gilmores, "Brand New Barth Coach"
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Ed Gilmores, "Brand New Barth Coach"
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
Ed Gilmore has been changing his 1987 40 foot that he bought from the Catapillar Company into a 2005 beautiful brand new coach. Starting with a high quality Mexican Paint Job.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/08
posted Hide Post
Great looking Barth!Inside & out look really GOOD!

------------------
Jay&Shelby 95 Barth Regency 34ft. Cummins 300 hp.
Spartan MM.

Posts: 134 | Location: Harriman,Tn.U.S.A. | Member Since: 01-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Ed Gilmore was one of our first registered members way back 2001. He had bought 1987 40 foot Regency from the Caterpillar Co. in his home town of Peoria, IL, complete with the CAT motif.

Ed is a man of many talants and abilities and has taken his 1987 to a new level.

I have created the following summary of the things he has done. More detailed pictures can be seen my clicking the Image Station logo above.

The following description is from Ed. With my appologies to Bill Barth..

"The cockpit was all taken out and rebuilt to allow room for the 20" flat screen TV and recovered using ultra leather. I elected to install a dvd player separate rather than using a TV combo. also wired outlets up above for 110 acv. The TV is only 110v not ac -- DC in stalled new am FM CD player and some new gauges in the new instrument panel.
The main coach area was gutted and redone in ultra leather, dish washer was installed, corian counters combo-matic in the bath and neo angle shower, all cabinets are hand made by Bill Barth himself at the age of 76. The wood floors in bath and kitchen are wilsonart and are doing fine.
The coach was stripped and repainted earlier this year across the border from Yuma Arizona, they do top notch work and very reasonable.
Now with cockpit done the whole interior has been completely gutted and done since 1997 and with a reman engine in 2003 all that is 1988 is the frame and title.
Ed Gilmore"

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited January 03, 2005).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Ed. My hat is off. This was a monumental task well done. What a project!
REgards,
Don
>
quote:
Originally posted by davebowers:
Ed Gilmore has been changing his 1987 40 foot that he bought from the Catapillar Company into a 2005 beautiful brand new coach. Starting with a high quality Mexican Paint Job.

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, quite an accomplishment! I wonder how much that beautiful paint job cost?

------------------
Larry and Heidi from CA

Posts: 199 | Location: Costa Mesa, CA 92626 USA | Member Since: 01-05-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Larry and Heidi,

Ed told me that the Mexican paint job which included Strip, prime, three colors and clear coat cost $5,000.00

CELL PHONE FOR MANUEL IS 928-503-0400