Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    TRYING TO DETERMINE EXACTLY WHICH POWERPLANT IS IN THE BARTH
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

TRYING TO DETERMINE EXACTLY WHICH POWERPLANT IS IN THE BARTH
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
yep Bill that thar mixer sounds like a pretty good un. yep un huh mmm yep

Great guy movie "Sling Blade" Billy Bob Thornton

Get that "yep mmmm um" thing down and you can really freak out your wife. "Freaking out wife is good" yep mmmm

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey guy's I didn't as of yet get to the numbers on the casting (because I was working on my pool over the weekend)but I did check out a few things.Under the hood I noticed it has a small I.D.plate and it claims that the W/base is 157 upon measuring from axle to axle I came up with almost 159 the plate also says she weighs 9000lbs.Also the vin.under the hood has a different number than the one above the drivers seat.Is there one for the p-30 chasis and one for the completed barth? The original owner had left some instant photos(KODAKS)of when she was once hit at the entry door with some minor damage at the step pullout as well as to the left and right of the entry door,(he did tell me about it) and he said that the door was replaced with a slightly bigger one.To the left side of the door there is a 25(still there) and below that the aluminum is a darker limited where they made room for the bigger door thus they must have removed the limited sign.You can only see one of the rivet holes thats left.Also the back of her has no hump which are evident in the pictures that Dave had sent me.I am going to try to copy down the casting numbers today to see what engine is in her . I am a little confused at all the conflicting information I am finding out about her,Any Ideas? Thanks in advance!!!!!

Posts: 9 | Location: WEBSTER N.Y. U.S.A. | Member Since: 05-23-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
The chassis has its own vin# and Barth gave the completed coach a vin# too. I think both of them are on the build plate above my driver's side window, but the coach is in storage so I can't check it right now. You might take a closer look at yours, and see if they're both there.

The vin# under the hood is definitely the chassis vin. The "orange book" manual shows that as the location.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post