Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    door handle 1975 27
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

door handle 1975 27
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi all...looking for some help. I have been scouring high and low to find a door handle to fit my '75 barth 27. I don't know the model number. The handle is taller than wide...any suggestions? Heading out on a roadtrip and kinda need a handle..please help.

Posts: 1 | Location: Salmon Arm, BC, Canada | Member Since: 01-26-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I realy hate to tell you but the door handle is no longer available . I alsow have 75 with the same problem I put in a dead bolt lock so I could lock it ,the handle still works . I guess I will reskin door so I can make the new door parts look & work right.

------------------
1975 mod25

Posts: 11 | Location: Iola,Ks. Allen | Member Since: 11-10-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
There is a very good RV salvage place near me that specializes in vintage motorhomes. If you email me a photo with measurements, I'll check and see what he has - I'll be out that way next week.

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Miguel, sounds like we all have the same trouble. My handle works good but the lock is shot. I have a good quaility dead bolt that I use to lock up. I think it is a better lock anyway. Good to hear there is another Barth in BC. How about a picture or 2 and some history?

------------------
Brad
1977 27' CLASS EH!

Posts: 27 | Location: Langley. BC | Member Since: 09-28-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
She who must be obeyed
and
me, Ensign 3rd crass
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
I had to replace the lock when the handle broke. The one I found was shorter and longer, the guy at the RV place said it was the new "standard".

I built a set of grade 8 stainless trim plates to cover the gaps on the top and the bottom and had the plate stick out the same distance horizontally so it was one piece and look "nice". I filled the gaps with foam in a can.

It works.

Posts: 282 | Location: Studio City, California | Member Since: 02-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I can't be sure (since no one has posted photos or dimensions), but might this work?: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bargman-Entry-Door-Lock-...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'm going by the RV salvage yard tomorrow if anybody has any wants - if I get the photo and dimensions of the door lock, I'll check for that.

------------------
Rusty

StaRV II, '94 28' Breakaway, 6.5L TD
2 Not-spoiled Golden Retrievers.