Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Brake lenses
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Brake lenses
 Login now/Join our community

posted
My KD 460 brake lenses did not pass inspection and I have not been able to find any. The forum has infomation on LED conversions from 2004. Is this the latest greatest information on the subject or has anyone found any of the original lenses available anywhere?

Thanks,

Cliff

Posts: 2 | Location: Bridgewater, VA, United States | Member Since: 06-03-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
I presume the authorities' objection is because your lenses have turned purple.

Members have searched extensively for these lenses without success. I did a google search for tail light paint, & found some at EAutoworks.com. $26.95, not cheap for spray paint, & the instructions were in Japanese, but it turned the purple to red. It reduces the transparency of the lens, but it does correct the color. I found that more is not better, once the the lenses are red enough.

Lining the tail light base with silver mylar, or contact paper, brightens the light significantly.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The center round part about 1 1/2" had turned almost clear and let too much clear light through. I found a adhesive tailight repair kit and cut circles out and applied them to the inside of the lense. That got me by this time but I'm sure the color will be an issue before too long.
Thanks for the paint source, I may have to use that next time. The good thing is they are all intact....

Thanks again,

Posts: 2 | Location: Bridgewater, VA, United States | Member Since: 06-03-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post