Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    sanyo backup camera cabl
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

sanyo backup camera cabl
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09

Picture of garryp
posted
Can anyone identify this connector and cable?

I bought a Sanyo CCA-BC200 backup camera. So far it is still lying here as it uses a seemingly proprietary connector on the cable between the camera and the control box.

Unfortunately the cable is only 26 feet long, not enough for any RV I know. This despite the fact that the unit is indicated "for RVs".

The connector looks like the square black one (not the obvious yellow one):

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/2007/140/x140CCABC20-o.jpeg

It is hard to see, but the conector has a 'key' n it.

This is a four wire connector, using only 3 wires, a red, black and a white.

My guess is twisted wires, -12GND = black, +12 = white, NTSC video = red. But I do not even know that red is NTSC, or that it uses NTSC even, or that there isn't a mini-coax in there. I could cut and extend the cable by splicing in a piece, but I would like to now the wire configuration inside the cable, as that *might* void the warranty, and the ability to get a RMA.

Calling Sanyo tech support yielded a person that only knows what is o the box, and I have the box. "Can't ask anyone, they are made oversea" hee sad. Well, I could have guessed that, as everything is made overseas.

Travel Blog | Current Location | The Barth | Places Visited | 2007 Travels

"Now, listen, you don't go any one special place. That's cornball style. You just go."
-- Johnny in the movie The Wild One

Posts: 209 | Location: AZ | Member Since: 09-01-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Garryp, Contact these guys rvcams. They were very helpful when I had to replace my camera and they may have an extension cable. Besides they are in Baton Rouge, home of the LSU Tigers.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Besides they are in Baton Rouge, home of the LSU Tigers.

Nick

GROAN.... Razzer

Anyway, it sounds like the camera output is standard NTSC S-video, so you should be able to splice a 4-conductor cable (Thermostat wire?) in the middle to lengthen the standard cable. I doubt that there's any mini-coax in there.

But try Nick's source first, as they's be more likely to have compatible extensions, despite being in Baton Rouge....

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09

Picture of garryp
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys, for the replies. Now I have a new related Q before I decide whether to return he unit or try to use it.

My existing bu camera is in a cute little housing on moho back top. The camera is inside, peeing through a little window. I think it is probably typical of the 90's vintage so I have not posted a pic.

Q: There are no visible screws, rivets, tangs or anything else securing it, except a painted bead, probably a sealant of some kind.

Can anyone offer suggestions as to how to remove the cover with minimum damage to surrounding paint, etc? What is holding it on?

The reason is that I would really like to use the existing wiring for the new camera instead of running a new [spliced] cable across the roof, the most logcal path from rear top corner to the front of moho.

Posts: 209 | Location: AZ | Member Since: 09-01-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post