Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Window & windowshield in Barth
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Window & windowshield in Barth
 Login now/Join our community

<James W. Parker>
posted
The storm, Frances, broke a driverside window and a passengerside windowshield on my
1986 Barth.I need to find a source for both of these.
Can you help?
J.W Parker

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
HI JAMES
WHEN YOU CLICK ON FORUMS GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE, CLICK ON ARCHIVES, THEN WINDSHIELDS. MIGHT FIND SOME INFO TO HELP YOU.

RALPH GLOVER

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by James W. Parker:
The storm, Frances, broke a driverside window and a passengerside windowshield on my
1986 Barth.I need to find a source for both of these.
Can you help?
J.W Parker

On my '84, they're Hehr out of Michigan. I have their address back in the home. Give me a buzz @ 6148066464 (3 hrs behind FL) if you want the info.

Posts: 5 | Location: Hilliard, Ohio | Member Since: 09-08-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<James W. Parker>
posted
Thanks to everyone who offered help in finding window & windshield for my Barth.
I went to my insurance company, State Farm,
told them of my problem and they took it from there;located the parts,contacted Duncan Systems,Inc.who contacted a local glass dealer,and asked me when I would like to have the installation done.All at NO COST to me.I am happy!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi James,

I am glad you found your windshield and especially glad that you had glass coverage.

However, for others who do not have glass coverage, if you go to a glass company and they get all of their RV glass through Duncan System, make sure you keep checking, because Duncan's prices are absolutely outrageous especially if you are paying the bill.

I have seen quotes for up wards of $900 per side from Duncan, when just by going down the street and finding a another company which uses another supplier they were able to get their windshield fixed for $300 including labor.

In at least four cases I have been able to find these discounts for folks just by using www.switchboard.com

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My local glass company charged $169.00 including installation. When I called them, I gave them the glass stock number instead of telling them it was a Barth. I seemed to make a difference.

Posts: 42 | Location: Camarillo, Ca. USA | Member Since: 12-24-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post