Barthmobile Portal
HYDROLIC JACKS OIL?????????

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/3041039061

07-02-2005, 08:22 PM
wayne a leishman
HYDROLIC JACKS OIL?????????
ANY BODY KNOW WHAT KIND OF OIL TO PUT IN HYDROLIC JACKS ? ALSO POSSIBLY WHERE TO FILL AT? THANKS VERY MUCH

I HAVE A RAISED ROOF 1978 BARTH WITH 8- FOOT CIELINGS AND A BEAUTIFULL INTERIOR

------------------
07-02-2005, 08:34 PM
swampfox
According to the HWH manual with my 1985 Barth, the following types of HYDRAULIC FLUID is recommended: SAE 5 w non-detergent motor oil; SAE 10w non-detergent motor oil; SAE 5w light hydraulic oil; Type A transmission Fluid; and/or Type B transmission Fluid. It also says: NEVER use Brake fluid or Hydraulic Jack fluid. Hope this information is helpful.

------------------
07-02-2005, 09:26 PM
DALE SMITH
Well, be sure and share your photo's. We all enjoy seeing other Barth's.

Thank You!

Dale
07-03-2005, 03:43 AM
olroy
I believe, the book on my 1990 jacks says Dexron II transomission fluid.

My tank lies horizonatally behind the front bumper, and behind the air tank for the horns, The filler plug is right on top.

I need to check the book to be sure, but I think the recommended fluid level is 1" below the top with the jacks retracted.

There have been so many configurations in Barths, there's no guarantee that yours will be there. If it isn't, try to trace a hydraulic line from one of the front jacks to the source.
07-03-2005, 03:56 AM
bill h
The reservoir is likely to be near the pump. Have your consort operate the system while you listen outside.

There is a special oil sold by HWH at RV stores. I believe its primary virtue is that seepage or a leak at the control head will not stain your carpet as will tranny fluid.