Barthmobile Portal
Satellite TV input....

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/299106961

09-29-2009, 06:33 PM
Gorman Newman
Satellite TV input....
I am looking for the best way to go in the tv route. I want satellite but what does everyone prefer? I like the "dome" and how does it stack up to the crank up satellite or the "cube" or the one that sits on top of the coach and then there is the tripod next to the coach. Where to start? Any input from the Barthers will be appreciated.....gorman

ps. I have satellite at my home and the receiver is cheap to add one for an rv.

1995 Barth Mobile Office
P-30 454 23'
Data Tag 9505 S0002 23L 01
09-29-2009, 07:19 PM
Rusty
I have the dome, for 2 reasons:

1. Storage for a tripod/dish is nonexistent

2. I got the dome very, very, cheap from a friend who bought it for his 5th wheel, then left it in the box because he bought another 5th wheel with a satellite already installed.

If you have room on top, a dome is the way to go; the crank-up dishes are exposed to the weather, and the portables take up room. The cube might be a good compromise, but I don't know what its performance is like.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields