Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Air bag hose
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Air bag hose
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I just filled our airbags for the first time and discovered a rupture in the plastic air hose that runs from the valve stem to the air bag on the right front side. Anyone with a part # ?

------------------
Jack and Daiva
1988 Barth Regal

Posts: 140 | Location: Los Angeles, California | Member Since: 09-03-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can get the tubing and fittings at most auto parts stores such as NAPA.

------------------
Gary & Edie
North Idaho
1988 28' P-30 454

Posts: 138 | Location: Hayden Lake (Coeur d'Alene), ID USA | Member Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I had the same problem. Make sure that you follow the tube and make sure it isn't pinched by a spring. That was my problem.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Truck places sell it as air brake line.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. I guess I'll remove the hose and take it into NAPA to see if they can match it. There dosen't seem to be much preasure going through the line. I wonder if is some kind of patch kit is available.

------------------
Jack and Daiva
1988 Barth Regal

[This message has been edited by brandman (edited April 15, 2004).]

Posts: 140 | Location: Los Angeles, California | Member Since: 09-03-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
"I wonder if is some kind of patch kit is available."

If yours is the 1/4 diameter black line, you can cut out the damaged portion and use either a DOT push-in union or the captive sleeve brass compression union to connect what you have left, or two couplings and a new section to replace what you cut out. If you get teh captive sleeve compression fittings, be sure they give you the sleeve insert to slip in the end.

An emergency repair can be effected by trimming and sanding the damaged area and wrapping it with nylon thread. First few layers wrapped tight, then zig-zagged. Saturate with Loctite 414 cyanoacrylate as you go.

I never go anywhere without a spool of unwaxed dental floss, a needle, and 414.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. I picked up the brass compression sleeve you spoke of Bill H.
$5.49 plus tax at NAPA. Thanks Grizzlygiant.
All the bags seem to be holding air except the driver's side. It's a slow leak I can't seem to locate. Takes about 2-3 days to empty. Any suggestions ?

------------------
Jack and Daiva
1988 Barth Regal

[This message has been edited by brandman (edited April 20, 2004).]

First Month Member
posted Hide Post
Remove the hose from the leaking bag and check for a leak at the valve with soapy water. Let it sit and see if it holds. If it holds, the hose is the problem.

posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill. The hose seems to go into the bag through the top. How is it removed ? I don't see a place to put a wrench.

------------------
Jack and Daiva
1988 Barth Regal

First Month Member
posted Hide Post
Jack, my front bags have always had a valve on the bottom.

[This message has been edited by bill h (edited April 23, 2004).]

posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill. I'll look again but I'm certain the airhose connects at the top of the airbag on mine.

posted Hide Post
Hi Bill
I can tell you I have made good use of the Handibond CA Glue I sell at my http://www.hinkleymall.com website because I have taken a bunch with me and I have already repaired the plastic water line that was broken and I have already repaired some other things with it.

I keep one of my 3 paks handi Thin - Med and Thick has become a life saver so far plus some 30 minute epoxy from Tower Hobby

quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
"I wonder if is some kind of patch kit is available."

If yours is the 1/4 diameter black line, you can cut out the damaged portion and use either a DOT push-in union or the captive sleeve brass compression union to connect what you have left, or two couplings and a new section to replace what you cut out. If you get teh captive sleeve compression fittings, be sure they give you the sleeve insert to slip in the end.

An emergency repair can be effected by trimming and sanding the damaged area and wrapping it with nylon thread. First few layers wrapped tight, then zig-zagged. Saturate with Loctite 414 cyanoacrylate as you go.

I never go anywhere without a spool of unwaxed dental floss, a needle, and 414.

------------------
Gordon B
1987 Barth 32' SE

Posts: 30 | Location: Havasu Lake Calif USA | Member Since: 04-09-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post