Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    water tank fill
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

water tank fill
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Don Scalzo
posted
On my "New to Me" '93 Breakaway 33'er I can find no place to fill the water tank. There is a hose inlet on the driver's side, but I can find no other place to fill the tank or a valve that would lead to the tank. Does the tank always fill when hooked up? Is'nt there a way to either fill or not fill the tanl at my option? My daughter is going up to N.C. for Thanksgiving, and I would like her to be able to cary a minimum of water so that she doesn't have a freezing problem. Is ther anything else to worry about and take precautions for when travelimg in cold weather? Don

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The one on LEFT is correct to fill, and you probably have a switch that says AUTO FILL. Have you found that, and tried same? Mine is a 1991 Regency. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Don,
The fill is done somewhat differently by Barth from coach to coach, but the system has some common features. Some coaches have two outside water connections. One is to supply water to the coach, but bypasses the tank. The other if for the purpose of filling the tank. On some coaches there is a switch,usually on the power control panel, that allows filling the tank from the hose connected to the coach water system valve. When the switch is turned on it opens a valve and allows the tank to fill. When the tank is full there will be a beeping sound emitted from the power panel. The switch should then be turned off.

On your coach, you may only have one valve that is used to supply water to the coach and the tank. The question is, does you tank always fill when the water is turned on. If this is the case, you may not have a tank bypass feature on your coach. Or the electric valve that would control this feature is stuck i the open position.

------------------
Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post