Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Fuel starvation
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Fuel starvation
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/07
posted
OK I am sure I read about and saw a picture of the fuel solenoid or what ever that allows the fuel to come from the front or rear tank... But can not find the info again .. any help locating it would be appreciated..
MY problem seems to be fuel starvation as well..The only thing I have not done is the fuel pressure guage.... I have replaced all filters and the mechanical and electric fuel pump for the front tank... I plan to replace the electric one inside the rear tankand have seached for a crip in the line..The only thing left will be to replace the fuel solenoid if I can find it and figure it all out...
Is there a replacement part for the is unit or should/can I rig it to pull from both tanks and eliminate the solenoid altogether..
Remember I am not as mechanically inclined as you guys and I struggle with each and every project...I realize dropping the rear tank will be a chore but I think it should be done for my sanity and confidence in the vehicle.. once that is done the whole fuel system should be new..
I have already been towed once when I lost power on an intercity interstate during a busy time... don't look forward to that again.. need to get this whole thing straightened out......
thanks for any and all help...

So I plan on replacing solemoid if possible and replace the fuel pump in the rear tank... hopefully that will correct my problems..Sorry for rambling..

------------------
John Reilly
Big Times Kennel
Centerville Ohio
If you see this... You found me

Posts: 87 | Location: Centerville, Ohio, USA | Member Since: 09-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
If you hear a click when you switch tanks, you can look for the solenoid valve by following the click. It is probably a silver colored cylinder with a black plastic end with three hoses going to it.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post