Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Leveling Jacks
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Leveling Jacks
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
Leveling Jacks

I received a request the other day for information on a set of leveling jacks for a 1993 Breakaway.
quote:
Sir...I own a 1993 barth 30 foot diesel pusher. It has a hydraulic leveling system. One of the rear jacks is defective and needs a new one. Would you be able to tell me who supplied barth with these jacks? I sent hwh hydraulic company a picture of it and they say its not their unit. Any help you could give would be appreciated.

Gary

I requested some pictures and these were forwarded to us.
quote:
Bill-

Pictures that you wanted of the jack and information plack are attached.

If anyone can tell me the brand of jack, I would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Gary

I suggested that he sign up and ask the question himself, only because we learn so much more with active participation from all.

Although Gary didn't sign up yet, he did supply us with his Data Tag and Coach images.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I was told by Ed (MWrench) last night that he thought these were Kwikee Cylinders.

I had a few minutes and I believe I was able to track it down.

http://www.kwikee.com/LBFit.html

http://www.kwikee.com/Aparts_level.html#lboldstyle

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vince900ss
posted Hide Post
That appears to be the exact same system that I have. My owners manual says it is a Stetson Level Best, and they are indeed part of Kwikee.

Vince & Michelle
1993 Front entry Breakaway 30.5
Cummings 5.9 190 HP with Banks upgrade to 210 HP, Allison 4 speed
Spartan Chassis

Posts: 78 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Member Since: 06-04-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of bud@YXY
posted Hide Post
We too have this type of jack on our 93 Breakaway. Unfortunately Kwikee was bought out by PowerGear. When looking for parts you can't contact PowerGear. I have a list of parts suppliers (somewhere).
Our control panel, I seem to recall, has an additional switch.

Regards Bud

1993 Breakaway 36ft & 1977 20 ft
Spartan: air ride and brakes & P32(?)
Cummins: 8.3 litre 250hp, PACBrake
Allison 3060 (6 spd)
Front entry, side hallway
7.5 kw diesel gen.
1999 2dr Tracker 4X4 5spd, SMI Braking system

Posts: 253 | Location: Yukon--Arizona and around | Member Since: 06-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post