Barthmobile Portal
loose headliner

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/2781087061

10-30-2001, 04:52 AM
<kathdail>
loose headliner
I have a 1991 Barth with a loose head liner where the first air-heat conditioner is attached .I believe the glue has loosened from the heat and now there is sagging cloth hanging , as a bellows .Is there anyway to reattach this? Otherwise I will have to replace the entire headliner thru out the motor home . Phone 1-573-873-1090 (call collect ) or e,mail . Thanks Fred

------------------
Fred Schekorra
10-30-2001, 05:31 PM
davebowers
I would like to think that my web site is widely read, however, that is wishful thinking. I relayed your request to a few other web sites that are much more widely read (like almost all of them). Here are some of the responses....

The first is from Warpath major@oh.verio.com
Dave -
If it is just a material type headliner than the spray tack type glue would probably work well. If it is more of a board type liner and you really want that sucker to stay up there, try a tube of PL-400. You will need to support the ceiling for a while with props until it drys. I use to have a Marble, Tile & Granite biz and we used that on everything from granite fireplace surrounds, to all types of board material stuck to ceiling & walls. That stuff when cured will hold a house on the foundation during a hurricane. You should be able to find it at any of the hardware stores.

The second is from Barry alohaalley@aol.com
Headliners

Dave, assuming you have the fabric type headliner, spots can be re-glued. Be sure to use a clear spray glue, not a yellow one. The yellow will show. Some have used a razor knife to slit the fabric and spray the glue in that way. The cut will show slightly when re-glued in place. If you can get a syringe with a large guage needle, spray the glue in a cap or some container and draw it into the syringe then inject it into the loose area. In both cases, wait a few minutes for the glue to start to set up befor pressing the fabric in place. A rolling pin works well for this.

This next one is from Alan J. Read alanjreed@cs.com

Had to do that on a previous coach. Used contact cement that comes in a spray can. Had to remove a light or two from the ceiling so I could reach all the debonded areas.

I know this isn't much, I will pass on any additional info I get. I have not had this problem but I am sure I will. Do you have the cloth type headliner or the vinyl??

Dave

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited October 30, 2001).]