Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    12 volt bulbs for bathroom light fixture
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

12 volt bulbs for bathroom light fixture
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted
I have a 12 volt light fixture in the bathroom above the sink with decorator 12 volt bulbs (six bulbs). They are a white globe style (2" dia.) bulb with a standard 12 volt socket with single center contact. Does anyone know of a resource to get them?

Your help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
Bill,
I get mine at Wal-Mart in the RV section - cheaper than at the RV store. They Don't last long, so get extras.

------------------
89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
I've never seen an RV section in my Wall Mart, but I'll check it out. Thanks.

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last time around I got mine at Camping World. Not cheap!

------------------
Gary & Edie
North Idaho
1988 28' P-30 454

Posts: 138 | Location: Hayden Lake (Coeur d'Alene), ID USA | Member Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
Bill,
The RV Section in Wal-Mart is normally small, about 1/2 of one side of an isle in the sporting goods section, or near the auto section. I have 9 of those bulbs in my Barth

------------------
89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire

[This message has been edited by Jack (edited October 17, 2005).]

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
They don't have much, but what they do have is far cheaper than RV stores - toilet paper is about 1/3 the price, for example.

Since I frequently RON at Wally-Worlds (few RV parks are open when I'm ready to park), I always hit that little section.

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
I think you guys are on the right track, but am posting a picture to make sure. I've look a bit on the web and have not found this bulb. I'm sure they exist.

Billg

The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
I bought 2 @ Wal-Mart this morning, $1.52 each, Camco brand, packaged on a card.

Bought some out of loose stock at an RV store last winter for about double that price.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 138 | Location: Hayden Lake (Coeur d'Alene), ID USA | Member Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
Yep - that's it. It is dark blue carded with a plastic overlay. I am packing for early departure, otherwise would take a picture of it for you. The markings are as follows: or ; you can correct me
CAMCO
Vanity White
20-99 Miniature Light Bulb.
12v 13W
barcode 0 14717 41203 2
Tag # 41203

------------------
89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire

[This message has been edited by Jack (edited October 17, 2005).]

Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I'm on my way to Wall Mart.

Griz, you are close on the bulb, but your link was for 120 volt, not the 12 volt that I'm looking for.

Bill G

[This message has been edited by goodwinw (edited October 17, 2005).]

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Griz was on it - scroll down to the bulb part number he mentioned...

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Rusty,

Thanks for the heads up on the part, Griz did get it right. I have a tendency to go to the visual first and didn't see a picture so I just went past it. I went to Wall Mart this morning and did find the same bulb there. It was only 13 watts, not 18 watts like the original, but it is likely that the original bulbs are no longer produced. I purchased the last four they had and will eventually get more and replace all six in the fixture to create an even appearance.

Thanks fellas for you help. This is what makes this site so valuable. People helping people, it doesn't get much better.

Bill G

[This message has been edited by goodwinw (edited October 22, 2005).]