Barthmobile Portal
Forward TV

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/2723971587

04-21-2015, 12:02 PM
Pirate19
Forward TV
'92 Breakway:
Forward TV and VCR gets elec. power when landside 110v electrical power is connected to MH. Rearward/bedroom TV is powered by the domestic batteries. Wandering why forward TV/VCR are not also powered from the domestic batteries. I understand there may be a cut off for when engine is running. But I get no domestic power even when the engine is off. Any thoughts? Thanks.
04-21-2015, 01:34 PM
Rusty
It sounds as if the rear electronics are connected to an inverter, if they're actually running off the batteries. I have an inverter in the front console that I use for the TV/Sat - I just run an extension cord to them.

I removed the cutover relay so I have 120VAC when the ignition is on - I did that so I could move the coach a bit to get satellite coverage and see the TV screen.

The cutover relay is near the 120VAC breaker panel.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields