Barthmobile Portal
Windshield Wiper Mechanism

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/2693982587

05-06-2015, 05:44 PM
Tom Kerr
Windshield Wiper Mechanism
I am going to look at a 1994 Breakaway 30' this weekend. All seems good except that the exterior posts and windshield wiper assemblies are missing. Will soon find out if mechanism/motor etc is still in place inside behind dash. Explanation I have received is a bit murky. Reason for post is if I find the coach acceptable otherwise, where do I turn to find such parts? I have done a search here but nothing specific seems to answer this question. Thanks in advance.
05-06-2015, 06:42 PM
Rusty
Most of what you need can be found here. Note that, at least on my coach, both wiper motors are the same (no left and right).

My step-by-step R&R on wiper motors is here, and includes a link to the shaft and part numbers.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields
05-06-2015, 07:09 PM
Tom Kerr
Thanks so much for the quick response. I will get to reading right now.

Tom
05-06-2015, 07:20 PM
Tom Kerr
quote:
here

So I assume that you sent me to the Morgan Olson site because these are the original parts?
05-06-2015, 08:45 PM
Rusty
For mine, specifically here.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields