Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    79' Barth custom wheels
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

79' Barth custom wheels
 Login now/Join our community

<Terry B>
posted
I can't get over this site, I'd be lost without it. I just lost my second wheel simulator. I think I want to go with custom 16" rims. A friend told me that there is a long back order on alcoas. Any recommendations on wheel manufacturers? Pros & cons?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Terry B,

Check the RV Salvage yard that Dave touts. Perhaps they have some nice wheels. Aluminum Wheels can be refurbished. My son had a set done in the Hartford, CT area several years ago. When he got them back, they looked new. Bill

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1st month member
posted Hide Post
Check out Truck Equipment Access. in Houston http://www.chromewheel.com/nojava/refurb2.htm They refurbish Alcoas and sell at a discount. They also sell Alcoa satin finish take-offs at about $125/ea.

Posts: 328 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Since you're on the look-out now already, would this be a good time to consider Safewide/Boxer wheels up front?

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Bad news. Boxerwheels seem to be permanently out of biz.

------------------
Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment.

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Boxers gone?!...Shoot...and they were so Cool looking........

SIDEBAR: I've now got Alcoa on my rig, meaning I've got 4 surplus OEM steel rims for a P-30....

I don't have a clue what they cost on the after-market, but if it's cost-effective for anyone, they're available to any Barthmobiler who may have a need (any or all)

....I'll crate for UPS, you pay the freight. (or you pick-up in Wash. DC area)

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Terry B>
posted
Thanks for the comments. I didn't even know about refurburshed wheels. I will check into that. Will contact the websites.

<Terry B>
posted
The refurbished wheel site seems to be limited to 19" wheels and larger. Boxers were found on a website (maybe old stock) but they come steel only (so they would need simulators. Still exploring...

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Boxer's website is still up but their phone is disconnected as is their FAX.

------------------
Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment.

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post