Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Co-Pilot's Chair
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Co-Pilot's Chair
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Here's another new guy question. I've seen lots of pictures (I think) of gas coaches with the co-pilot's chair rotated around to face away from the windshield.

My 1986 Regal (28' rear bath) has a lever that releases the seat to rotate, but it hits on the outer wall.

What's the deal?

Thanks,

John

Posts: 22 | Location: Houston, Texas | Member Since: 03-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Have you tried moving the seat all the way either forward or back (I don't remember for sure) before attempting to swivel?

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi John,

What part of it hits the wall. On mine you can only rotate it to the left because the seat part would hit the wall but the back of the chair clear it If and I bet this is the problem, the chair has to be in its full forward position. You know, slid forward! for it to clear the wall.

So sit in the chair, if you have the electric then press the button forward so that it goes to the stop and then swivel to the left. Now once you are turned around then you can move it back again..

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
On the Euro, the pilot seat has to be moved forward, wheel tilted up, then spun inward. The co-pilot seat. however, has to be spun clockwise so the seatback stays toward the center of the coach until you're facing rearward. It took a little figuring to see how it works, but it definately shows the advantage of a class A setup when there are two more comfortable chairs available for set-up use.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, you have to move the seat to the rear to get the clearance in the front when you do this. Have patience, you'll figure it out.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post