Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Proper engine temp
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Proper engine temp
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I understand that the operating temp of my 460 should be between 190-220 degrees. She tends to run just under 220. Is this normal or ought I be concerned. Thanks for your many helpful replys everyone.
jack and daiva
1988 31 ft barth regal

Posts: 140 | Location: Los Angeles, California | Member Since: 09-03-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see no one else has posted a responce. I read your question but was hesatant to respond. I have a Barth 35'with tag axel chevy 454 with a 3 speed automatic. Being yous is newer and a Ford engine more than likely with a 4 speed transmition,I'm not sure how much it should very. I have digital dash so I installed an old fashond temp gauge. running 68 to 70 mph mine runs a constant temp of about 212. This seems to work out fine. Sorry I don't have more direct answer but maybe this helps to some degree. Take care

------------------
Bootdude

Posts: 22 | Location: St Pete Fl US | Member Since: 06-20-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bootdude,
That's about where I run at.

jack !!!

Posts: 140 | Location: Los Angeles, California | Member Since: 09-03-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
brandman
i would check the radiator to make sure the fins are clean. some barths are notorious for collecting greese and dirt in the rad causing heating problems. to clean use a garden hose or powerwasher (ON GENTLE SPRAY) to wash out, then spray both sides with gunk very liberally and let set but not dry then spray again with water. you may have to do this 2 or 3 times if very dirty. this may help at least some with your heating up.
mike

------------------
mike foster
83-35' regency 8.2 detroit towing 98 cherokee classic 4x4

Posts: 149 | Location: earlham,iowa-usa | Member Since: 01-08-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post