Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    KOHLER GEN. DIESEL
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

KOHLER GEN. DIESEL
 Login now/Join our community

posted
WED DRIVING HOME IN OUR 91 WE STARTED WITH 3/4 TANK OF DIESEL. THE GEN MOTOR QUITE APPROX 20 TIMES AND OFTEN HARD TO START AGAIN. WE RAN FUEL TO 1/4 TANK IN AN EFFORT TO ADD MORE FRESHER FUEL. THE GEN WOULD NOT START THEN, BUT AFTER A HOUR I HIT THE SWITCH AND IT STARTED AT ONCE. IT NEVER QUIT AGAIN THE REMAINING 14 HOURS OF OUR TRIP, AND STARTS VERY EASY NOW. WHAT DO YOU THINK THE PROBLEM WAS? I WONDERED IF YEAR OLD FUEL CAUSED SAME. ANY IDEAS? THANKS DALE INDY

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Dale, I think you hit it on the head. These Gens need to be run.

We had problems with our gas gen for a year before I spent the big bucks and took it to the Onan guy. Now it runs like a top. I looovve having working generator...

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
The generators should be used. That is what they are designed for. I went to a 'class' at the Harrisburg (PA) show last year where part of the discussion was on generators. The most common mistake people make is to try to 'save' their generators, according to the speaker. They advertise their rigs for sale with "only xxx hours on the generator". Few hours is a negative, rather than a positive.

My Kohler doesn't have many hours on it, but since I attended that class, I use it whenever I want to. The more I use it the better it seems to run.

Posts: 57 | Location: Washington DC | Member Since: 03-11-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post