Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    RV Cover
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

RV Cover
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/07
posted
New owner .. wanting to do things right.... I have a 28 regal and plan to build a shelter in the future to house the unit as I realize it is most important to get the unit out of the weather...Living in Ohio the winters are not too extreme nor are the summers.. Should I invest in a cover for the unit and if so which would be more important to guard against as 1 type of cover is for wetter climates and the other is for the intense sunlight or should I just buy both and put the wetter one on in winter and spring and the sunlight one on in summer and fall.. My plans down the road are to build a 3 sided barn type stucture to pull the unit into to get it out of the everyday weather ..
cost of the structure would be in the 8000 dollar range and the covers if I bought both would be less than a 1000...
I am sure the former owners are cringing as I have removed 2 chairs and a table to make room for dog crates...Infact I am sure alot of you all are cringing as alot of the ads promoting sales clearly state smoke free and pet free... The weather which has been sub freezing has prevented any outside tinkering..
looking forward to hearing your advice..

------------------
John Reilly
Big Times Kennel
Centerville Ohio
If you see this... You found me

Posts: 87 | Location: Centerville, Ohio, USA | Member Since: 09-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I live in Minnesota and have had 2 feet of snow on our Barth.

I talked to a couple guys here with SOB's who have used the cloth covers and they say it is way more trouble than it is worth. My biggest problem is trees. So I get my dear wife Deb to climb up there and scrub the roof every spring. So as long as she sticks around we are in good shape.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
J R, regarding your reworking YOUR Barth for YOUR dogs, REMEMBER the MOST important person in the world is YOU, the OWNER when it comes to making someone happy. I am sure there are those that feel I should have not reworked the inside of our as I did, but I don' worry about such. As long as we are happy THEY should be happy. I wish you well my friend. Dale

[This message has been edited by Smith Brother (edited January 30, 2005).]

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cannot give any advise about covers. Try RVnet and see what folks are finding the pros and cons to be. As for the dogs, that's why we own an RV. If our's ever goes on the market it will be smoke free (except when the wind blows my campfire the wrong way) but "Pet Friendly". :-)

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
J R, Bill G. purchased a cover last year and I believe he has been very happy with such. You might drop him an e-mail. He posts quite often. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Danny Z, wanted you all to see his covered up Euro...cool looking coach isn't it.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess that is to keep cold out? Or is it getting ready for paint?

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Didn't realize the photo got through to Dave. Those covers are fitted snap on covers made of a canvas like material with tiny perforations that allow it to breath and let light into the coach. You can see from the inside out very clearly, but you can't see in. I actually move the coach around with the windshield covered and scare the heck out of people! The most important thing down here is the UV rays damaging interior surfaces, and this fabric is nearly 100%. I have no idea where they came from or how much they cost, but I do like them. Thanks Dave, hope I didn't send more than eight or ten copies of the pix. It kept coming back saying they couldn't send it. Now that I know it works I'm sending another on a new thread.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post