Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Marker Lights on 84 p30
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Marker Lights on 84 p30
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/20
Picture of Paul And Jaime
posted
Hey everyone, can someone tell me how the marker lights is physical wired into the harness? I have all other lights working but none of my marker lights work. Just curious if they were wired into the rear of the coach and was fed off the tail lights or the front of the coach. Thank you!

Posts: 155 | Location: Ky | Member Since: 10-20-2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
On my 86 the marker lights got power from the headlight switch. From there to a panel rocker switch "CLRNC LGTS"(below the headlight switch, left of the steering wheel, to flash them if desired) then out to the lights. Yours should be similar, hopefully.

Left side: wiper switch, light switch, wiper switch. Lots of wires... (Note the knob release button on the light switch, also the separate black wiring harness for lights.)

I rewired the rocker switches on the left. The "CLRNC LGT" switch now works, the other "lighted" switches were never "lighted" before, now they are. The AUX START switch is no longer a momentary contact type. (The fog lights still have not been installed, but the switch works!)

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5174 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is what mine looks like

Posts: 155 | Location: Ky | Member Since: 10-20-2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Hmm. Too bad I don't have that coach now I could see what color wires went to that switch. hmm

Might be able to find which one if you measure the resistance to ground. The marker lights will have a few ohms resistance. If you find one that looks possible try hooking a power jumper wire to see if lights come on.

If you turn the headlight switch on you may be able to find the power wire from the switch. It is probably paired with the marker light wire.

Good luck!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5174 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The wiring was a mess still working on everything. But still haven’t mounted the wiper switches yet