Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Windshields
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Windshields
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
I checked with Duncan Systems and Guardian and they both say that all Barth coaches from the early 70's to the late 90's should be he DW 731 for the driver side and DW 730 passenger side. Please let me know if we are wrong here. This would include all models including widebody Regency's which had a small glass strip to add the 6 inches for the widebody coach.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read in an eariler post that the number (dw 730) was for a 24" tall windshield and my '79 is a 30". Still confused...

Posts: 42 | Location: Camarillo, Ca. USA | Member Since: 12-24-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out posts dated May 26 concerning 24" windshield...

Posts: 42 | Location: Camarillo, Ca. USA | Member Since: 12-24-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi Terry, below are pictures of a 70's 20 footer and a 90's Regency. They both have the same windshield. Does yours appear much longer than these? When you say 30 inches is that the visible glass area you are measuring? I would not be surprized if Barth custom made something. However, a unique windshield would be surprizing. You should have a part number or some identification etched in the windshield down in a corner somewhere. Have you been able to find that and check it with your local glass company?

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 1976 Barth 27' numbers located in windshild lower corner
SOFT RAY
SAFETY FLOTE
AS-1 GUARDIAN J-76
LAMINATED
DOT 22 66 M8A
1654-2 PASSENGER SIDE
1653-2 DRIVER SIDE

NOT SURE IF THEY HAVE EVER BEEN REPLACED OR NOT. RALPH GLOVER

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will go to the storage yard to check on numbers. The two pictures are Barths with 30" tall glass (same as mine). What confused me was the earily post referencing a dw730 to a 24" windshield and the same number was suggested for my 30".
Thanks, we'll figure this out yet.

Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Terry I am sorry because I am too lazy right now to run out and measure it, however, I wonder if the visible glass may be 24 in, but the windshield is actually 28 or so. I am still convinced that all Barth have the same windshield.

------------------

The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
The visible glass on these windshields is at least 30" , same as my Regal SE.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MY 1976 WINDSHIELD MEASURES 30 1/4 INCHES BETWEEN THE RUBBER SEALS TOP TO BOTTOM.
RALPH GLOVER

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
hi my 87 se is 30.25 top to bottom

Posts: 29 | Location: forestburgh n.y usa | Member Since: 01-06-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Mark Estep
posted Hide Post
I may as well chuck my 2 cents in...our '73 25 Limited has 21 1/2" exposed glass. With what is under the rubber, I'd guess it's probably a 24".

------------------

Mark & LeAnna
1973 Barth 25 L
402 cid
P30 Chassis

Posts: 65 | Location: Traveling the USA | Member Since: 11-25-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems that the windshield change-over from 24 to 30" was 1974. Thanks to all for input.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by keithwhite:
i have a 1971 24 ft barth limited my windshield is 23 in from center of top gasket to center of bottom gasket the marking on glass is SHAT-R-PROOF
tinted
safety
float
driver side R AG LSG AS
passenger side R AF LSG AS

i have done some checking with a friend who has a glass company in belton tx i gave him the numbers on my windshield & size he contacted a glass company called (COACHGLASS ) at coachglass.com they said the correct size for my 1971 barth limited is 24.50 X 48 there wholesale price is $610.00 crateing $70.00 freight $95.00 in crate plus installastion they were avalilable in stock at the oregon & indiana warehouse, warehouses are in eugene or., elkhart in.,jacksonville fl.& gilbert az. i hope this will help someone.

[This message has been edited by keithwhite (edited June 12, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by keithwhite (edited June 17, 2004).]

Posts: 27 | Location: KILLEEN TX | Member Since: 02-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post