Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Macerator Pump Installation
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Macerator Pump Installation
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted
I like the idea of emptying the tanks at home. Can anyone tell me the maximum distance the pump would be effective? From the coach to a septic tank fitting the distance would be approximately 80 feet with a slight incline.

"THE TOY" 88 33'Regal SE Coach #3448

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
It depends. Different manufacturers pumps have different pumping capabilities. And it depends on the diameter of the hose, as well as the length and rise of the run. So, choose a brand and call the manufacturer.

My own experience is not a reference, because my pump is an off brand I have had for a long time. But it pumps 50 feet out and uphill several feet with no trouble, just a little overheating if I do it several times in quick succession to really rinse the tank.

It is important to make sure nothing stays in your pump to dry and get hard.

I should add here that I also like the idea of emptying tanks at home. However, the best dump is a FULL tank dump from the stinky slinky. That big FLOOSH! when the valve is opened really clears the bottom of the tank. My next house will have a full size dump port where the Barth can get near it.

A macerator does not do as well, so I use mine when the dump line is too long. Today, the line was only medium, with the average RVer taking 10 minutes, some 15 or 20(it is amazing how klutzy and/or inconsiderate some folks can be), one guy did it in five minutes, and we did it somewhere between two and three.

The macerator pump is nice for when you want to really wand it and rinse it, too.

[This message has been edited by bill h (edited June 20, 2005).]

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill H: I did some homework and it looks like more work (and mess)than it's worth. I can wait in the "dumping line" easier than handle all that hose, so, anyway
thanks for the info.............carl

"THE TOY" 88 33' Regal SE Coach #3448

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post