Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    6.2L Diesel Engine - $500 Cdn Firm
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

6.2L Diesel Engine - $500 Cdn Firm
 Login now/Join our community

posted
This ad is in my local paper:

6.2L Diesel engine, new inj. pump glow plugs etc. 190K $500 Firm (519) 453-7175 - Cell (519) 661-7817

I thought that if it might fit into a Barth, someone might be interested. It is in the area in which I live, which is about 2 hours west of Detroit, Mi. - which isn't far from the border for a good deal! Plus - the Canadian dollar is lower - so it is approximately $385.00 US - which is also a bonus as most Barth owners are in USA. -

[This message has been edited by Linda (edited November 30, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by Linda (edited November 30, 2003).]

Posts: 75 | Location: Ontario CANADA | Member Since: 09-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonder if they got the decimal point off by one notch?

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, it is the right price because it is listed in the 'Value Centre' ad forum where the maximum you can list an item for is $500. It is correct!

Posts: 75 | Location: Ontario CANADA | Member Since: 09-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
"...about two hours west of Detroit" .....ought to put you in downtown Kalamazoo, shouldn't it?

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are right - should have put two hours EAST of Detroit!

posted Hide Post
These are based on the 454 big block, so, once you figure out how to take the 454 out these are an easy swap... for a shade-tree parts swapper! The electric is easy, as the engine harness connector is wired the same for both engines. The glow-plud circuit and the dash's glow-plug light needs to be cobbled up, but thats it. Plus, you need to run a fuel return line back to the tank. My 27' P30 Winnebag got 14-15 mpg with just a little restraint on my part, never got less than 11. Try that in your big-block rig!!!

Posts: 159 | Location: Newington, CT USA | Member Since: 06-02-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
Well that's great milage, but this summer I ran my 34 foot 454 at an equivalent of 24 mpg. Ya right you say.
Quite simple really. I run on propane at 25 cents/litre (a Canadian Story). The unit does 8 mpg on either gas or propane so cost wise I would have to get 24 mpg on 75 cent gasoline to run the ole Barth for the same cost.

Posts: 46 | Location: Parksville British Columbia | Member Since: 02-08-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Bear, that is a GREAT SPIN on your take of mileage. You need one of the shirts "THE SPIN STOPS HERE" or better yet STARTS HERE. Love it. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Dale
Got a chuckle first this morning from reading your reply. Thanks for that. Let me SPIN this in simple terms. My cost of driving 360 miles on propane is $50. The cost on gasoline this summer would have been $150.

Posts: 46 | Location: Parksville British Columbia | Member Since: 02-08-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a good point. We should be aware of cost per mile more often. Spinning can be JUST another way to look at things. It's when one twists the story or facts that it can be a problem. You did not do that. Good job. Dale P.S. Maybe pumps should post for example AT 20 MPG YOUR COST IS 7-1/2 CENTS PER MILE. That is if fuel that day cost you 1.50 gallon. Kind of what the grocery stores are doing on their price cards. That would open some eyes. I bet most people have no idea the cost per mile. Just a thought. I know there are many other costs that one can and should throw in, but just looking at fuel cost one gets alittle idea. Comments??? Dale

[This message has been edited by DALE SMITH (edited December 03, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by DALE SMITH (edited December 03, 2003).]

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dale
You've hit the nail right on the head. When one really looks at the overall operational costs of any motorized means of transportation it involves a small fortune over ones lifetime.