Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Inverter Shutdown Xantrex Prosine PS3
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Inverter Shutdown Xantrex Prosine PS3
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted
Last Sunday I went to check on coach and found the inverter indicating shutdown mode. This is a 3000 watt pure sine wave xantrax prosine. I checked on line and book about the problem and could not find nothing. Some said they were junk and replace it, but it is a $3,000 item. I went to a local rv repair center and they said they did not work on inverters. After 37 hours of being literally sick in my stomach, I called xantrax support and the man said there was a bypass switch on it, turn the switch to bypass and let it set for one hour and that it would reset. Thank god it did reset and a simple procedure. Last Thursday we had some ice and someone hit a power pole and broke it and electric was off for about 4 hours. I guess that was what started the problem.
Things are fine now, just letting everyone know in case someone runs into this.

Take care and drive safely.
Ray ans Anne

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Sky,

I have had issues with mine there is a little more elaborate procedure that has worked for me in the past. We may have similar units as it sounds like mine but mine is 2500.

Now the bad news I went in the other day to get something and mine was doing real weird stuff. Wife broke her leg and ankle and I was just grabbing something to make her comfortable. I will have to go back and see whats up but -10 degrees again tonight will keep me at bay. Next week we may see 50 degrees,I hope to see what is going on. I shut it off and turned the old converter on until i can see what is going on. Like Kevin said more info is better for everyone. When I check mine I will get my specifics also.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Kevin it is a Zantrex Prosine PS3.0 Inverter/charger with 3 stage charger at up to 125 amps and battery equalization. Finally feeling joy and working GREAT! ROTFLMAO

Big Grin

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
another problem with inverter/converts is ambient temperature. Here in MI we have not had more than a day or two above freezing in many weeks. This may be why my ProSine has been malfunctioning. I was just advised, on fore forums, that 32 deg f is supposed to be the lower limit for the ProSine.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mogan David:
another problem with inverter/converts is ambient temperature. Here in MI we have not had more than a day or two above freezing in many weeks. This may be why my ProSine has been malfunctioning. I was just advised, on fore forums, that 32 deg f is supposed to be the lower limit for the ProSine.

I'll be danged. 50 degrees today and I went to check DBarth and everything is back to normal. Guess I have not gone out to check during subzero before I guess. Took my reupholstered dining room chairs out. Yea

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
More fun with the ProSine 2.5 Inverter/Charger. Went out the other day and it was not reading in coming power so not charging. Everything was a okay with my power. Microwave was on? hmm

Assumed I had an issue in the ProSine. The way I mmounted it in my coach there is no to access the wiring to check power. Took it all loose and accessed the wire connections. confusion checked for power and got 137 volts. When I have it plugged in I have it running thru my Huges Autoformer. I knew right away that was the problem. 137 volts caused the charger to shut down and say there was no incoming power. head bang

Simple , stupid and I will now redo the mounting of the prosine so if I have issues I can check easier.

Could have checked the power at the box much easier. If only I had thought of that. head bang
Unplugged the Autoformer and all is working correctly again!

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth