Barthmobile Portal
Kwikee Lectro-Matic Step

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/2101008061

10-01-2002, 01:42 AM
Charles
Kwikee Lectro-Matic Step
Elect motor on step has quit. Has anyone had a repair done on this motor, they are now obsolete.
10-01-2002, 03:32 PM
bill h
Here is Kwikee's tech site:

http://www.kwikee.com/Adocuments.html

There is a circuit relay switch inside the electric motor, at least there is on my Kwikee electric steps. The contacts of that switch will sometimes fail. I managed to make mine work for a while by removing the motor from the system and cleaning the contacts.

Check the brushes and commutator, too. Sometimes a cleanup will fix things. Commucators develop a glaze.

Kwickee uses a standard Ford power window motor from a 1990 Crown Vic left front. Take it to Autozone or NAPA and see if they can match it up. One replacement is a "Siemens" brand and carries part # WL43003 at Autozone or NAPA BK 6551834.

[This message has been edited by bill h (edited November 21, 2005).]
10-01-2002, 08:32 PM
zurful
hi folks, i also have a problem with my kwikee steps...they seem to work ok when they "open", but they dont seem to want to retract when they should.....any tips?? thanks, jim
10-01-2002, 08:34 PM
bill h
Is it drawing current when it is trying to retract?
Above all else, keep all the pivots lubricated. Dri Slide is good.
10-01-2002, 09:26 PM
davebowers
Again, I ususally only have part of the information. However, when my batteries are not "fully" charged, the first thing to suffer is my step. My RV Guru, explained to me that a I a full "float charge" to power my steps. The only thing I know is that I spent an hour cleaning and lubing that step and it made no difference. But when I plugged it in and came back the next day it worked slicker than sn**. snow?

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer
10-02-2002, 06:38 AM
bill h
Dave, my steps work real well with the batteries at 50% in the morning.