Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    New Tires
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

New Tires
 Login now/Join our community

posted
We're going to take "Gypsy Rose Barth" South where it's nice and warm in a couple of weeks. We checked out tires today and decided on getting a set of Cooper brand for the front. As I was looking at the 800X16.5's my eyes fell across the row below them of 8.75X16.5's...... Hmmm, says my "bigger is better" brain. "They sure would look better under Gypsy than those skinny little 8.00's." Has anyone had any experience doing this? The tire guy say's the rim size is good for it. Plus, they're only $10 more and He thought it would be a good move too.
Cheers,John

Posts: 114 | Location: Skamania, WA, USA | Member Since: 07-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi John&Irene:I've gone to a wider tires,and like it better.I think it make the ride and handles better.It could be just me,but I think you will like them.Cheers,Jay&Shelby:

------------------
br2409

Posts: 61 | Location: Harriman,Tn.usa | Member Since: 09-22-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
The greatest benefit of wider tires is on the front. As for the rears, be sure there is sufficient space between them at the bottom when fully loaded. Your tag axle is so lightly loaded that you will gain nothing from wider tires.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are talking approx. 10% wider. So one could expect getting stuck in the mud would be reduced by 10%, and hydro-planing chances would increase by 10%. Not much, yet if it were the interest EARNED I would say VERY NICE.

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post