Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    front air bags
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

front air bags
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted
how hard is it to change front air bags? think I have a leak in the bags they don't look good.I will use soap on them Monday.Are they also on the rear of the motor home?
THANKS
LENNY

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Lenny, I have changed the rear bags and it took longer to let the jacks down and raise the coach than change the bags. Haven't changed front bags.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i THINK I WILL CHANGE THEM ALL.THANK YOU
LENNY

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
What makes you think the bags are defective? They are almost never the problem - usually the connections in the various line joints are the source of bleed down. I just had mine diagnosed and the shop detached each fitting and then moved the small sealing ring up about 1/4 inch, cuts off the end where the ring was seated and reattached the fitting. That involves about a dozen fittings but after five days of sitting the pressure dropped from 100 psi to 109 psi and I am now happy. That service is lots cheaper than replacing bags and still having leaks.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom K:
What makes you think the bags are defective?
Based on your statements I would be inclined to have it properly diagnosed instead of just replacing all your airbags. Not only will your air system be deflated, but your wallet will too.
quote:
Originally posted by Tom K:
... but after five days of sitting the pressure dropped from 100 psi to 109 psi and I am now happy.
Wow... you gain air psi while sitting Tom? Big Grin

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was guessing they were ok it was the air line dump valve switch inside on the floor was shorting out just got panicky that is all.
thanks lenny

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

posted Hide Post
Is this "air line dump valve" a dump of the airbags only? ...or does it purge air/water from the two brake systems?

Mike
1995 Country Coach Magna,
Cummins C8.3-300, Banks Stinger, Gillig Chassis,
PowerTech gen w/Kubota 3-cyl,
2005 Wrangler pusher,
"Diesels gather momentum not accelerate"

Posts: 142 | Location: Garden Grove, CA | Member Since: 06-09-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Relative:
Is this "air line dump valve" a dump of the airbags only? ...or does it purge air/water from the two brake systems?

Mike, I'm guessing but I have a coach similar to Lenny and I was assuming he was talking about the switch mounted on the HTH leveling system that dumps the airbags only when you level the coach.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's what I was thinking when he talked about 'dump valve on the floor'. What was confusing to me is a different post where Lenny said the air gauge on the dash indicated front air pressure dropped as far as 25 lbs and was setting off alarms. I was trying to connect that symptom with air bag problems and obviously don't understand how his Regency air system is set up. I thought I understood Gillig's setup, but.....

Mike
1995 Country Coach Magna,
Cummins C8.3-300, Banks Stinger, Gillig Chassis,
PowerTech gen w/Kubota 3-cyl,
2005 Wrangler pusher,
"Diesels gather momentum not accelerate"

Posts: 142 | Location: Garden Grove, CA | Member Since: 06-09-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it was both front air brakes and the air went to 25 lbs. and loose wire on the air dump sorry for the confusion too many problems at a time .does anybody have a pacbrake ? do I need it?got the parts Saturday and of coarse they end just where I need the questions answered .on the release valve where does it go (no place), just into the air or is there a tube that goes somewhere? am calling tech Monday. NOBODY KNOWS have the book but it stops were I need it .plus I will have to drill out the pipe plug on the pacbrake to check the back pressure .too much back pressure will hurt the engine I need 35 lbs ,I have the kit to check it .if anybody needs it I will lone it to them.It has a price tag of $90.00 no use of every body buying one.
lenny

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B