Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Gillig 12 volt wiring
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Gillig 12 volt wiring
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted
I have a 1990 Regency with 250 hp cat and gillig chassis. Does anyone have a wiring schematic for the relays in the panel under the drivers side. Thanks. sky

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Sky,

It is doubtful that any one has a schematic to match your coach exactly. I have a diagram for my coach, but because of the high level of customization, no two Barth's are exactly the same.

I have attached a picture of the relay portion of my electrical compartment under the drivers seat. If this looks similar to yours, email me and I will photocopy what I have and send it to you.

Bill G

Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 (Feb.) Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis (1990 build date)
2014 Honda CRV toad
10Kw Power Tech Gen w/ Kubota diesel engine
Can accomodate Barth visitor with advance notice

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill, I would appreciate it. I have a copy of the chassis wiring if you need that. Sky

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Sky and Bill I would also appreciate any info on wiring for my 1990 36 Regency. Thanks Tom

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have figured out that R-4 is my horn and R-5 is right turn sig and R-6 is the left turn sig.Bill I'm glad you showed the picture. I have ten but the 10th only has a ground on it. Must be an extra. Thanks Tom

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Hi Guys,

I am pulling the Barth out of storage this week end. I will pull together the info I have, copy it and send it to you. My email address is available if you click on the "Bill G" at the begining of any post.

Send me your addresses and I'll try to get the info in the mail next week. This is not a schematic, but rather a list with relays and wire colors that is tied to the electrical blueprints. I am not able to copy the blueptints, but will make everything else available.

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
Picture of Medic37
posted Hide Post
I will take ANYTHING that anyone has to offer or can email regarding chassis electrical systems.

-OR-

If you have anything that would best go-thru the snail-mail, I would pay for any postage.

rmortis7@earthlink.net

THANKS!!!

~Mac~

1990 31 Foot Regency
Spartan Chassis
Cummins 6CTA8.3
Alison MT643, 4-speed
8905-0123-31RDS-A2

Posts: 259 | Location: Sand Creek Township, Minnesota | Member Since: 06-21-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
With regard to large things that can't be scanned easily, I recently was involved in a similar thing with airplane drawings.

We ended up taking digital photos of several areas of the large print. A tripod or even a monopod helps. In our case, I used a bracket older tahn even me that clamps on a chair back to mount the camera. We experimented with no flash and Kleenex over the flash. After printing, we cut and taped to reconstruct the prints. Came out quite well. For digital storage and transmission, we will make another copy and cut it to sizes that lend themselves to scanning or digital photography.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill G, got your elec info, combined with what little info I have should be a big help. Sky if you are having trouble with your relays. I replaced my grounding bar that was in pretty bad shape and things started working. If you want to replace the relays take the number off your old ones and Granger can replace them. They are all the same and an easy job to do. It also allows you to clean all the connections. Have fun. Tom

posted Hide Post
Hi all just a test, if it works I have more. Tom

posted Hide Post
Try another for the heck of it. Tom

posted Hide Post
If these are any help to a Regency Owner let me know there are lots more. Tom

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/10
posted Hide Post
Tom these are greatly appreciated. I don't have any schematics other than blueprints for my '90 Regency. I am going to be installing a Tekonsha brake controller for my trailers and this very well could save me from hunting for the brake light switch connection. Please keep posting what you have if others are in the same predicament. I know this info will be invaluable to figuring out the maze in the "you-gotta-be-kidding" electrical compartment.
I would gladly compensate you for any hard copies of this info as well. Again many thanks for your efforts!!!!!!

1990 32' Regency
Spartan Chassis
Cummins CTA8.3
Allison 4 speed

Posts: 70 | Location: WI | Member Since: 03-19-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steve WI, this might help with your brake switch. Tom

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/10
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom this particular info wouldn't be applicable to my chassis-I have a Spartan with a Cummins 6CTA8.3.so this air setup will be for a Gillig. The connection I need to find will be somewhere in the compartment with the relays - it would be the electrical connection that will trigger on the brake lights as the brake pedal is applied. I haven't had enough time to thoroughly look over what you already posted, it may very well hold the answer. Thanks much.

1990 32' Regency
Spartan Chassis
Cummins CTA8.3
Allison 4 speed

Posts: 70 | Location: WI | Member Since: 03-19-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post