Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Dometic Duo-therm basement AC
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Dometic Duo-therm basement AC
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/16
Picture of coaster48
posted
Need to do something on my Basement AC.....was not cooling very well with a noisy fan....now will only run for a few minutes before popping the breaker
From the info I am getting, these are sealed units and are only replaceable ....not repairable...true????? Apparently there are no ports for recharging and parts are no longer available. Everyone I am contacting does not want to work on them!!!!!! Comments from RV boards are saying replace with new or go to a roof top unit
Going to a roof top would give me another storage bin....but am wondering how economical it would be because of routing electrical cable, etc. for the unit to be powered?!?
I am heading South very soon and am looking for a reputable company in California or Arizona to check this thing out.Any suggestions!
Any comments or recommendations would be really appreciated
Thanks, Neil

1995 Regal 31 Ft.
Ford F 53 Chassis
460 EFI

Posts: 93 | Location: Sechelt,B.C. Canada | Member Since: 03-17-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I was really impressed with the performance (and quietness) of the Atwood roof unit Tom Johns had in his Regency. Yes, wiring will be required, but it's worth it.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
We had the basement a/c. Through it out and put in a roof top. We had a vantastic vent in the proper spot. I used the 12vdc wires for the a/c. Thery were 12 gauge standed so more than big enough. They were routed to the refrigerator compartment. Ran a new 120vac line and connected to the wiring going to the a/c.

Now for the complaint. We bought carrier RV unit and it is noisy. Only a 2 speed. The Dometic with their 3 speed fans make a lot less noise.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Dometics lately have only 2-speed fans - and are noisy!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post