Barthmobile Portal
Barth Septic Drain fix..

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/1981015491

07-04-2006, 03:18 PM
Windsor Dalrymple
Barth Septic Drain fix..
Yep, Windsor's backyard engineering show is back again.

Just prior to my recent vacation, I tackled the broken grey/black drain problem that my Barth had been suffering from.

Rigid mount, coupled with low positioning and bad departure angles meant that the current arragnment was a constant problem.

Last time I used the black, it was leaking sewage, not a way to be popular at the campground.

I found a way to add flexibility along with increasing ground clearance.

I put my job on imagestation for your perusal complete with notes.

Tell me what you think!

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2104583946

Better an ugly Barth, than
a pretty Winnebago.

1987 Barth P-30 with 454
Former Hospital Board Room converted to coach by Barth in 1995.
07-04-2006, 03:44 PM
bill h
Looks good!

Do you have air bags in back? With cockpit control, you can inflate them with full pressure when you think you might have clearance issues in back. I had one MH that had overhang issues, and I pumped up to 120 lbs before attempting some suspected clearance situations. I had a cheap compressor feeding a tee with a check valve and a bleeder for each bag.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered
07-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Lee
Neat set-up!.....I just LUV it when backyard engineering solves life's problems.....

...Couldn't tell from the pics whether or not you had a hitch receiver....If so, you may want to consider one of those drop-down steel roller protectors....might add a little insurance against a severe grade change....Go to:

http://www.rvpartscenter.com/ProductDetail.asp?PID=2860...D=25&DID=109&CID=257

But a word of caution....Awhile back I seem to recall Billh telling a story on himself regarding a loss-of-traction/rear-end hangup situation that backed-up traffic to the Nevada line....(MY version...) That hitch roller would make that easier to accomplish.....Smiler
07-04-2006, 07:31 PM
bill h
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
But a word of caution....Awhile back I seem to recall Billh telling a story on himself regarding a loss-of-traction/rear-end hangup situation that backed-up traffic to the Nevada line....(MY version...) That hitch roller would make that easier to accomplish.....Smiler

Yup. I shoulda had rollers. I put on a pair of rollers after that. The hitch rollers all took up valuable clearance, so I made a pair that fit on each side of the bumpers at the attach points, and grounded just before the receiver did.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered
07-04-2006, 09:55 PM
Windsor Dalrymple
Bill and Lee, thanks for the tip regarding the roller and the compressor. I will add those to the long list of things to do...lol

Better an ugly Barth, than
a pretty Winnebago.

1987 Barth P-30 with 454
Former Hospital Board Room converted to coach by Barth in 1995.