Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    84 P30 fan belts.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

84 P30 fan belts.
 Login now/Join our community

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted
I just took these notes to help a fellow with problems. Maybe it will be useful to someone here. It probably applies to other years, too.

Mine has an aftermarket air conditioner (ARA?), using a Sankyo compressor with two grooves on the pulley. The forward groove is not used.

There are three grooves on the crankshaft pulley assembly, with the forward one being larger diameter.

There are two grooves on the water pump, with the forward one being larger.

There is a single smog pump on the right side, under the alternator with one groove.

Alternator has one groove.

The Gates belt numbers and their positions are as follows:

Front belt, 15495, wraps crank pulley, water pump, alternator, and single smog pump on right side.

Middle belt, 15590, wraps crank, Power steering, Air cond, water pump.

Rear belt, 15415, wraps crank and power steering.

I carry my spares in a vacuum sealed Foodsaver bag.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Off the intended lesson, but did you have a problem accomodating the smog pump with your Thorley's? It's possible I will eleminate that particular feature and would welcome any advise you have on the subject.

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
No trouble at all with the Thorleys. Bought the 303YS. Everything bolted right up. I went that way to be smog legal. The smog pump does not hurt performance or economy.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post