Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Barth Tail Light Lenses
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth Tail Light Lenses
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
Some of you new Barth owners, if you look at your tail lights and they are this cool purple color. Well guess what? They're suppose to be red.

The are quite available from Transportation Accessories http://commerce1.cera.net/tacbusparts/sections/catalog/catalog.asp?cat_id=117

You can order the indiviual lenses or for $46.50 each you can get the entire assembly. That is what we did a couple years ago and it really dresses up the rear of your coach since the black plastic frame chalks up and cracks.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Mine are marked KD 460. KD no longer makes them, but someone else bought them.

Two or three years ago, I was able to order the lenses from the Light House in L.A. Phone 213 749 5031. They will only ship to a business, but their prices were two-something a lens, with reasonable shipping.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I talked to a guy about that. Because of off shore production of high volume plastics many American plastics companies are more than happy to pick up these semi-obsolete parts. I have no personal knowledge of this, but it is my understanding that many parts for older classic cars are now becoming available because of this vacuum in US production capabilities. I hear they still buy the molds overseas for a song.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of flashnyellow
posted Hide Post
I also just replaced my KD460 tail light lenses. I had read in an earlier post and ordered mine from Bus Parts Warehouse. They were back ordered but were shipped to me in about 3 weeks. I paid around $4.50 each.

www.buspartswarehouse.com

------------------
Ronnie
1985 28' P-30 454

Posts: 61 | Location: Lafayette, LA USA | Member Since: 12-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I tried to call Bus Parts and they didn't answer today. I don't know what their story is.

------------------

Picture of flashnyellow
posted Hide Post
I called Bus Parts this morning and they answered. 800-635-5567

------------------
Ronnie
1985 28' P-30 454

Posts: 61 | Location: Lafayette, LA USA | Member Since: 12-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post