Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Stone Bennet Shift
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Stone Bennet Shift
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/10
posted
This is an intermittent and frequent problem.

When I attempt to shift out of Drive to Neutral the switch (or some other component) will not allow it to shift up to N at times. When this occurs it will shift out of D to 3 and then not up to D and it will again shift from 3 down to 2 and again not back up to 3 then with a lot of constant pressing on the switch finally into N; or it will only show up as a small line on the LED indicator as it shifts from D (I would assume this would be N but I have not shut down when the LED was lit like this) and then to R. At this point you can shift from R into N every time, no problem shifting from R to N as yet.

What the heck is up with all this now.......any thoughts before I take the coach to somebody who probably doesn't know what to make of it either and will just start replacing things?!!?

1990 32' Regency
Spartan Chassis
Cummins CTA8.3
Allison 4 speed

Posts: 70 | Location: WI | Member Since: 03-19-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Steve, I just went thru this with my Shifter. Look at www.stonebennett.com you will see how it works. I called Western Mich Fleet Parts 800-632-2010 for a trouble shooting guide. They were very helpful on the phone. Your problem almost sounds electrical. It may just be the control. much cheaper than replacing the unit on the trany that I had to do. If that is the problem it is a plug in unit and would take just a short time to replace. Tom

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/10
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom-
I called Western Mi Fleet and they're overnighting the part needed (maintenance kit) to repair the unit.

1990 32' Regency
Spartan Chassis
Cummins CTA8.3
Allison 4 speed

Posts: 70 | Location: WI | Member Since: 03-19-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post