Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    UNDERCARIGE SHEET METAL
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

UNDERCARIGE SHEET METAL
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/13
Picture of herbjohns
posted Hide Post
Dave,
A word of encouragement. Last fall I bought my '89 Regency. I had a '78, 24' which languished out back, awaiting a resoration I couldn't do. Having come from the midwest, the steel tubing was mostly rotted out, as was the generator compartment and a good part of the metal under the floor. I had started parting it out when a friend wanted to know if it was available. I gave it to him and he has completely rebuilt the undercarriage (Jeff replaced nearly all the tubing, the generator compartment, a great deal of the chassis wiring, and much more) and renewed the interior and it is doing great! He hasn't done much to the exterior yet and we're waiting for real Barth bumpers (I had already sold them and Jeff is using 2X10's temporarily) to finish it up. It can be done, and I've seen it. Good luck!
Herb

Herb Johns

1989 32' Regency, Cat 3208TA, Gillig Chassis

1989 32' Regency (RDG-B)
Gillig Chassis
Cat 3208TA
Sanger, CA, USA

~ ~Data Tag~ ~
8901-0113-32RDG-B

Posts: 75 | Location: Sanger, CA, USA | Member Since: 06-18-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/09
posted Hide Post
Hello All, Well I went and Picked up the Beast yesterday and I am happy to report that the severe rust was limited to the sheet metel. The frame and suspension only suffers surface rust. Before I left N.H. I stopped in a Wal-mart Parking lot and gave it a good look. The brake and fuel lines looked like they were replaced by the previous owner along with the shocks. So i proceeded, I stopped at a tire shop And aired up the tires and was on my way. She ran good the motor has plenty of power, the trans. shifted very smoothly,The steering was tight with no wandering, The suspension felt good. It was a pleasure driving home.

Today I started poking around to see where every thing is. One thing I found I thought was odd is under the dinette benches?,The rear bench houses the cabin heater and it looks like they ran another gas line to the front bench for another heater that's not there? Is that normal? Another thing I don't like is the batteries are mounted under the couch inside the cabin? Is that normal seems like a safety issue. There are still a lot of switches I have to figure out, If any body has a owners manual or knows where I can get one it would be a big help.

Oh yea, The data Tag. 8607-3340-22FPI man. date 7/86 date of INC. 3/86 ? Which I find odd because the title says its a 1987? the vin is 1gbjp37w6g3314535. Well thats all I had time for today, I would appreciate any info.

Thanks Dave R.

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

Posts: 220 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. | Member Since: 03-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave R:
Oh yea, The data Tag. 8607-3340-22FPI man. date 7/86 date of INC. 3/86 ? Which I find odd because the title says its a 1987? the vin is 1gbjp37w6g3314535. Well thats all I had time for today, I would appreciate any info.
Does it look like this? Big Grin

Any-who... Keep in mind, you can buy a 2010 car starting in May or June with most manufacturers. Barth was no different.

However, we have mostly seen a June/July as the kickoff for the next model year coach with Barth.

But I believe the earliest might have been a May coach...

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi all, Here's a update, I bought the 27' and drove it back from N.C.. My plan was to take the gen. out,and put it in the 22' to go to Indy, But after considering the amount of work the 22 needs and how clean the 27 is I'm going with Rusty's advice and concentrate on the 27. Well I have 3 weeks to get it ready,My plan for now is to install 4 seats and add the bathroom just to make the trip. Since this is a all guy trip all we need is beer and a place to take a shower,we will rough out the rest. Mechanically all she needs is a good tune up, tires,wiper blades, and fix a leaking exhaust manifold gasket. I Hope? we'll see what happens over the next 3 weeks.

Any comments on tires or where to get wiper blades would be helpful, Also what bath configuration works best, across the back or split on either side of hallway going to the back?

Well that's all for now Thanks

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

Posts: 220 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. | Member Since: 03-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
But I believe the earliest might have been a May coach...

Mine was April '93, titled as a '94 - some latitude shouold be allowed as mine is the prototype for the new style 28' Breakaway (raised floor, 5X basement storage, GM 6.5L TD engine).

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Rusty,The oversize basement is what sold me on concentrating on the 27'.
Dave R.

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Basements on Barth are odd. I've seen 2 Regal 28's with very little, but some have a lot...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

I am not shure If I am doing this rite,Iam tring to figure out how to add pics.this should be a pic. of a basement compartment on the 27' Barth.

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

posted Hide Post
Yea! I did it!

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Hey Dave,
I'd like to see a pic of those batteries under the couch. I'd want them moved to the outside too. Our batteries are on the passenger side, just behind the front seat in a slide out shelf designed specifically for the batteries. Is there a place underneath that looks like it used to be where they were?
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Tere, Yes there is a, or should I say there used to be a place for the batterires. The slides and trey are long rusted away,their answer was to drill a 2" hole though the floor,and run the cables up thrue to there new location under the couch. I will take and post pics. as soon as the sun comes out. The whether has not been cooroperating with me here on Long Island, the week end was a wash and realy put me behind schedual. The weather man says Wenesday should be nice.
Till then, Dave R.

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

posted Hide Post
Here are the pics.

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

posted Hide Post

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

posted Hide Post

It realy is a shame they let this coach rust.

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A

posted Hide Post

Three Times A Charm
88 30' Regal John Deere
Hot Rod Lincoln
511 Cubic Inches
8712-3499-30J-A