Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    refer not working
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

refer not working
 Login now/Join our community

posted Hide Post
I am always interesed in planes even though I know squat about them. In the mid to late 60's and until 1975 I was employeed by Tractor Supply. I had as my means of travel in the Dakota's and all western states a 310k. I sat in the right seat many many times. I loved that plane but I have no idea what true airplane lovers thought of it but it sure did a great job for us. We landed on grass often and I remember landing once and seeing our twin with the belly all skinned up as the local doctor forgot to put the wheels down, but two years later we were back and the plane was still there, but when I asked why it was taking so long to repair they advise that, oh we fixed it that time but he did it again. It was For Sale this time. I envy the knowledge you all have with airplanes. Love the pictures you all sent too.

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
"I loved that plane but I have no idea what true airplane lovers thought of it but it sure did a great job for us."

Dale, the 310 did a great job for everyone. It was a real workhorse. I worked for an outfit that maintained a fleet of them. I never heard a bad thing about one, from pilot or mechanic. After getting my multi in an Apache 150, the 310 was a dream.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted Hide Post
We need to take a poll! How many Barth owners/wanabe Barth owners are somehow related to avaition interests? I used to have a 172 until I learned it was more cost effective (cheaper) to use everyone else's airplane. I know I was attracted to Barths because it was built like (and better) then some of the airplanes I've flown. So it should have an infinite life cycle.

GUMPS...clear for take off.

Posts: 216 | Location: Kailua Kona, HI & E. Waterboro, ME | Member Since: 06-27-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Owned Cessna 175, 182, 206, 210 and a Stitts 1A in which I crashed. Retired after 2500 hours. Good memories!!!!
Gary

------------------
North Idaho
1988 28' 454

Posts: 138 | Location: Hayden Lake (Coeur d'Alene), ID USA | Member Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like I started something with the mention of my Aeronca. I take my Barth to all the fly-ins I can. One time at the EAA Northwest fly-in at Arlington I was sitting inside having a beer and I hear a group of guys standing in front of the Barth. It was like they were standing in front of a shrine. When I went out to talk to them they said what a great motor home I had and there are no better built units than a Barth. I had no idea. I thought I was just driving another motor home down the road that needed painting. That is when I started to find out what I really had. The roof is strong enough to set up your lawn chair and watch the air show. Thanks again for the help on my refer and all the money that I didn't have to spend buying a new one. Dennis

Posts: 207 | Location: Port Townsend ,Wash USA | Member Since: 11-21-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a couple THIMBLE DROME'S in the 50's. Does that count? I flew right seat for several years in a 310k load with equipment. My duties included watching for 3 GREEN lites. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HI GUYS
I think maybe I,m drawn to the Barth because it is constructed like an airplane.
I,m not active at this time but I do hold
a Commercial pilot, Airplane single and multiengine land with the Instrument rating
and Flight Instructor airplane single engine.

Ralph Glover
1976 Barth 27

------------------

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Man I am humbled, I played drums in a band that backed-up the Coasters and opened for the Beach Boys. And all of these years I though I was big stuff. Man this entire website is full of super achievers. Maybe you should all get together and form a consulting group or something.

------------------
Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment.

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited December 22, 2003).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
I am not yet a Barth owner but enjoy reading the posts and have learned a lot about the riveted coaches. I am hoping to find that "perfect" Barth in the near future, hopefully a diesel. I have a 1948 Cessna 140 which I have owned for almost 30 years. I may turn it over to my son one day soon. If so, then I will surely need a motorhome to fill the void. I have spotted a couple of Barths in my local area. One is a 24 foot which has not been driven for several years. The owner is a bum and won't even talk to me about it. The other one is down by the river and is pretty rough. It is also an early 70s model, probably a 30+ footer. I will take a picture and post it in the near future. It might be good for salvage if the owner is agreeable to parting it out. We'll see. I want to thank Dave and his neighbor for developing, hosting and maintaining this web site. They do a great job! Happy Holidays.

Randy Prince

------------------

Posts: 19 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK USA | Member Since: 04-22-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
Ok' I can't resist- I must jump into this, yes our Barth and our plane are two items we keep putting money into but enjoy both. We have owned a 1967 172 Skyhawk for 10 years,however we are trying to cut back since I retired. Wife keeps saying "it's time to sell the plane". I just have a hard time letting her go (no' not my wife-- the plane). If I do guess I'll try to do a homebuilt.

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Airplanes? Did somwone say AIRPLANES?

I have loved airplanes since my first ten-cent Comet kit in the late forties. I grew up in a town so small I had to melt old toothbrush handles in Acetone to make airplane glue.

I have owned a Luscombe 8E, a Taylorcraft BC12D (clipped wing, 85hp), half of a T6, and worked on and hung around old airplanes and homebuilts a lot. I have a A&P and FCC first class (with radar) licenses. And I have worked as an avionics tech for over 40 years. Still regretful about the Staggerwing I didn't buy way back when. I really lust for one.

[This message has been edited by bill h (edited December 30, 2003).]

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post