Barthmobile Portal
Cruise Control issues

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/1303998597

05-10-2021, 09:43 AM
Bob & Yvonne M.
Cruise Control issues
I have been meaning to post something on this but have been busy since getting home from Florida. In fact, I haven't even washed the coach yet, plan to do that this week.
Anyway, my cruise control has intermittent problems that I though I would see if anyone else has had them. I dont know how long Spartan frames included the steering wheel controls like I have but I though I would give it a try. My CC works most of the time, but sometimes I will have to fuss with the controls like turn it off and then back on, or keep pushing the on button and after a while it will work again. I though at first it was the cancel and resume button problem but on the way home I didn't touch that and it still did it. I also have tried to see if it was the brake release but that doesn't seem to be it either. So right now I am thinking it is in the Steering wheel control since it is original but before spending money on it I thought I would see if anyone else has had the problem. Thanks in advance.

Bob & Yvonne
1997 Monarch 38
Spartan MM, 6 speed Allison
Cummins 8.3 300 HP
9610-M0027-38MI-4C
05-10-2021, 01:13 PM
Gary Carter
My original CC was vacuum powered and had a magnetic pickup on the drive shaft. Replaced it with a new vacuum unit that helped. Finally replaced with electric unit and now all is fine.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance