Barthmobile Portal
Dash A/C vents

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/1271007791

07-19-2006, 03:39 PM
garryp
Dash A/C vents
I am looking for a source for the square a/c vents that are mounted on my dash. They are about 5 7/8 by 1 1/2 inches, black with silver 'highlight'. I suspect that many Barths use them, even other mohos. I have even seen them in cars of my youthful period!

I need 6 of them. I want to replace all my old ones that are showing wear/tear, and the adjustable vanes will not hold the directional settings.

Has anyone already researched for a source of these?
07-19-2006, 05:14 PM
Ed Chevalier
I'm guessing that they were originally Chevy truck parts if you have a P-32 chassis. Check on myclassiccar.com - they have suppliers with NOS new old stock original or reproduction parts -- Classic Industries or National Parts Depot.

1999 Airstream Safari 25'
2007 Toyota Tundra
1987 Yamaha YSR toads
07-19-2006, 06:28 PM
bill h
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Chevalier:
I'm guessing that they were originally Chevy truck parts if you have a P-32 chassis.

Probably. Also, Chevy often used parts in their trucks that had already been used in their cars. A look at earlier chevy dashes might be productive. We recently attended an all Ford car show at Knott's Berry Farm. (We parked our Chevy way in the back of the lot) Maybe there will be an all Chevy show somewhere soon.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered
07-19-2006, 07:47 PM
garryp
I do not have a chevy chassis (Spartan) but yes, they do look like chevy vents I remember from yesteryear.

On another forum I was pointed to the Monaco parts poge. In case someone needs to look at them:

[snipped]
"I believe these types are fairly standard and I ordered mine from Holiday Rambler's on line store for about $10. The dimension is the size you need. Here is the site:
http://www.monaco-online.com/store/storeframe.html
... it is the second item under 'coach maintenance', then "hardware" using the site I listed above. "
[unsnipped]

These have a different general appearance, but the size matches, and from what I can see through the front to the rear of the picture, the hose fitting is approx the same size.

Since these are new, and hopefully will hold their position, I think I will order them.

Thanks for your replies and help.