Barthmobile Portal
water pump pressure problem

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/1161095161

02-20-2006, 10:13 PM
jenandjoe
water pump pressure problem
I hope this is a "I'm such a dummy" question...getting ready for a shakedown trip in our new to us 21' 79 Barth...filled the fresh water tank...opened the on/off valve...turned on the near new pump...pump ran and ran and ran...never shutting off...faucets only had a tricle of water...Barth is on a hill (San Francisco) with the pump and water tank on the downhill...I know someone on this great site can help...thanks...joe...
02-20-2006, 10:32 PM
Dave Bowers
You have an air leaks somewhere. Assuming there isn't a water leak and there is an inch of water on the floor. 1st thing to check is the valve city water inlet valve. There is a little spring loaded valve in there. Of course if you have a cap on it like we all should then that is not the problem. Now there is probably a valve somewhere to turn off the water coming in from the city and filling your tank make sure that is closed.

02-20-2006, 11:25 PM
jenandjoe
Thanks Dave...I'll check this out first thing in the morning...by the way the new site is fantastic...joe...
02-24-2006, 07:11 PM
jenandjoe
Capped the city water inlet valve...problem solved...good water pressure...thanks for the help...joe...