Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    GM 15528707 relay
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

GM 15528707 relay
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted
(moved from Barths for Sale, retitled for better search results) Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5187 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

I know this should be in SWAPMEET CENTRAL section but when I hit the start a new topic button it leads to nowhere.
Anyway I’m looking for this specific fuel pump relay. I’m aware of the thread about this relay, but hopefully someone has run across one of these since then. Pictured (if I’m lucky) is the old one, and the one that auto parts places “claim”will work, but it doesn’t. Pictured is the CORRECT GM part number. As you can see the difference is big between the original, and the new one.
No luck at finding one on any NOS parts places.
I’d like to have an extra one.
Part # is GM 15528707

Posts: 58 | Location: California | Member Since: 05-15-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Finding that relay may be difficult. It was used in the late 80's vehicles that had in tank fuel pumps. It feeds power to the fuel pump while starting and while the engine is running, with oil pressure. In the event of a crash, etc, it is intended to cut off fuel flow even if the switch is not turned off.

Ultimately, it is a single pole relay. It is energized by the key switch and feeds power to the fuel pump.

If it fails, the wiring can be reconnected to a generic 12V relay with minimal effort. When I replaced mine, I added an extra switch to run the fuel pump before starting, to fill the carb bowl before cranking.

There is discusion here:

https://www.barthmobile.com/ev...893981467#5893981467

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5187 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

The relay seems easy to find on ebay, brand new.

I used this as my search target: (1R1240,15528707 )

it is apparently used for many applications, not just for the P30 and not just for the fuel pump.

I will probably buy one just to save it!
Matt

1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust

Posts: 528 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post