Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Old, Brittle Leaky fuel line on P30 Barths.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Old, Brittle Leaky fuel line on P30 Barths.
 Login now/Join our community

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted
Just aft of the rear axle is a rubber hose connecting a break in the steel fuel line. It is where the GM fuel line ends and the Barth fuel line starts.

Do you know how old yours is? Do you even know it's there?

Mine sprung a leak on a trip recently, stopping me dead. I was particularly annoyed, as I did not even know the sonofagun was there. Had I known of its existence, I would have replaced it when I replaced all the other old hoses. Had to cut off the tailpipe to gain access, as the hose was buried inside the flanges of both the frame rail and the crossmember.

Note: This is for sure on mine, but as all Barths are different, your results may vary. Since Barth put in their own fuel tanks, I would expect other Barths to have a similar set up, depending on how far aft the fuel tank was mounted..

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post